Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
I might be wrong but I think you have it backwards. I don't think they work with the Ricks tank but are ok with the other tank.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
They'll work just fine with a Rick's tank. Fact.

Good luck.

AK

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I have the Kuyakyn passenger peg mounts and a Rick's tank on my B model. No conflicts.

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
They work with the UE tank too. If you are in Scottsdale why aren't you riding with us?????

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I use Kuryakan mounts on my bike and have to move the right one outboard about 1/2 inch. If you have a lowered bike you will need to make the change.

The kuryakan mounts are on the listed incompatabilities for the UE tank. Bolded text added (by me) for emphasis.
UE's Site said:
Known incompatibilities. Getting 5.25 gallons in the same space as the stock 3.4 tank is no easy trick. Obviously some aftermarket items that deviate from stock will not be compatible. We'll list these as we learn of them. If you can't get it to fit your bike for some reason you may return it for a refund in exchange for documenting the incompatibility (words & pictures) so that we can add it to the list.
Right rear passenger footpeg mount on VRSCD models. We have two solutions.
If you are running an aftermarket pipe you can switch to the A, B, SE model footpeg mounts. This will move your passenger's feet down and forward for which your passenger will thank you greatly since it's a much more comfortable location for her feet.
A newly designed mount and exhaust hanger for stock bikes is in the works.
HD's passenger floorboards. The mounts are weird and are very different from the A, B, SE mounts which the tank was designed for. I studied this for a customer and it appears that a small notch could be cut in the right side mount to clear the tank.
Kuryakyn™ Passenger Peg Mounts.
Turbos & Superchargers that use the space where we put the ignition. There are alternatives like HD's up front key location and the keyless mod (use the alarm to activate the bike.)

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Kuryakyn Peg Mounts - Rick's Tank

Old thread reborn -

I got my Rick's tank in and noticed that the right peg mount comes within 1/2" - 3/4" of the tank when I sit on the bike. I have the peg mounts in this intital thread (Kuryakyn Model #4545). My concern is riding 2 up and hitting a large bump. It is too close for comfort IMHO.

Since we have several Rick's tank installs how has everyone handled this?

I have sent an e-mail to Kuryakyn explaining this and asking if they have a smaller profile (height) mount. Because these mounts move the pegs forward it has caused this potetnial issue.

The left mount does not appear to be an issue. Has anyone flipped the mounts? It will cause the retainer to be backwards but may work.

·
Who cares?
229 Posts
Noob ?

Can I remove the passenger footpeg mounts without any problems? My wife does not ride (and the rear seat is pretty much useless to me)

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
No, as RJ stated. The left one is ok but the right one will be within 1/2" or so of the tank. Hit a large pothole and you may have a large pothole in your tank. I took mine off and gave them to a forum member and put the OEM ones back on.

Good luck, I decided I didn't want to take the chance of damaging the tank.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Can I remove the passenger footpeg mounts without any problems? My wife does not ride (and the rear seat is pretty much useless to me)
So much help here. Removed them anyway. LATER.
Sorry I missed this. If you open a new thread, it'll get more visibility.

Did you put any screws in the emtpy holes? I would, just to keep dirt out.

RJ

·
Who cares?
229 Posts
Could not find a "start new thread". :bash: I did replace with the original allen screws that were on the bike. They do not go flush but better then nothing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts