Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Passenger Foot pegs

5K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Hale-Yes 
#1 ·
I actually persuaded my wife, an adamant non-rider, to sit on my new VRSCR and check it out. I had even added a sissy bar in the hopes I could get her to do at least one ride. She liked the touring pillion but started complaining about the lack of legroom (she is only 5'5") and the angle of her legs. Is there any easy way to relocate the pegs down/forward?
Any other ideas short of trading for a RK?

Rob

#8 ·
VRSCR-Dave said:
My wife hates riding on mine too but I don't see the down side to that.

:them: When mine rides she knows not to complain.....:D

#10 ·
Passenger Pegs Relo Kit

I don't know if V-Mod still has this kit but I installed it two years ago and my wife (5'4") loved the change. She is totally comfortable with it and the Sundowner Passenger Pillion. Relo Kit was $235.00

#12 ·
I have a R with CFR pipe got a set of rear pegs and brackets for an A model off Ebay relocated rear pegs to swing arm like A and B models problem solved.

#13 ·
jechols8 said:
I have a R with CFR pipe got a set of rear pegs and brackets for an A model off Ebay relocated rear pegs to swing arm like A and B models problem solved.
Same here. see my gallery for pictures. Cost 10 bucks, bolts right up. One trick - disconnect the lower shock bolts with the bike on a jack, lower the swing arm, and installation is a breeze! there are several sets for sale on the forum, right now. Even chromed, it is pretty inexpensive, and adds to passenger comfort.

#14 ·
Passenger Peg Relocation

remphoto said:
I actually persuaded my wife, an adamant non-rider, to sit on my new VRSCR and check it out. I had even added a sissy bar in the hopes I could get her to do at least one ride. She liked the touring pillion but started complaining about the lack of legroom (she is only 5'5") and the angle of her legs. Is there any easy way to relocate the pegs down/forward?
Any other ideas short of trading for a RK?

Rob
Hi,Rob.There's a guy on the VRSCAW forum,that's made his own conversion for the AW but it looks like they would work great on the "R", the good thing is it keeps the pegs off the swing arm,I'm no good with links & stuff but if you do & search on that section you'll find it with some detective work,his forum name is vrsc2 or something,hope this helps.
Cheers,Graham.

#17 ·
If your running an after market pipe that does not use the right hand peg/exhaust mount, I recommend the kuryakin swingarm peg mounts. (I don't know the part number, and they may not make them anymore) Thay mount to the swingarm and move the pegs forward and down as compared to the stock "R" mounts or the VRSCA swingarm mounts. The added leg room is really significant. I think they clean up the bike, and there also made from aluminum, so you get to drop a few pounds by removing the stock cast iron boat anchors. You can find pic's of them mounted on my "R" in my gallery pic's. I have a set in black PC for $40.00 plus shipping. Ed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.