Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed the Harley Riders Experience safety class yesterday! Wow, great course, for beginners and experienced riders. Great information. Bought the V-Rod 3 weeks ago, sitting in garage with 4 miles on it. First bike ever for me and now feel very confident in my driving ability. Got to get to the DMV yet for the official license and then zoom.......... :plause:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
:vrodforu:
Congrats and welcome.
Can we call you Sue? We need more female riders here. Or are you a lawyer?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congratulations

Also Welcome to the best V-Rod site on the net!

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Congratulations!!! That course is great for first time riders and experienced riders, everyone can learn new things there. Enjoy the bike and the site!!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Welcome boxtersue! :vrodforu:

But a word of warning - don't start feeling too confident. Anyone on here will tell you the best advice they ever got was RIDE LIKE YOU"RE INVISIBLE - it sounds funny, but you will soon learn, hopefully not the hard way, that you may as well be bloody invisible to most people driving cars. and NEVER GET COCKY - it's really easy for two wheels to come unstuck, no matter how much experience you have!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I alway assume no one sees me. I'ts scary how much I'm right.

Be thankful you don't live in AZ. Worst drivers on the planet bar none.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sue.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, Call me Sue-no lawyer here just a full time mom! Been raining ever since my class maybe tomorrow's the day.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
boxtersue said:
...full time mom!
My respects Sue, that is one tough job. I don't know how my wife does it so well but still amazing to share it with her.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
ttt :kiss:

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Sue,

Dont forget the ABC of riding, ALWAYS BE CHECKIN your mirrors and whats up front.

Make your head swivel ALL the time, and act like its a combat zone out on the hiway.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
:plause: Congrats Sue! Hopefully the rain will let up so you can ride! I took the ERC two years ago but I would like to take it again on my v-rod. Last time I took it, the very next day I dropped my bike! So much for that confidence of passing the class! Hopefully that won't happen for you! Glad you're on board! :welcome:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Hi Sue,
Welcome to the group. As you've noticed, lots to learn and LOADS of teachers. Congratulations on the license! Ride safe!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts