Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of posts tonight. Wondering who is making passanger relocation kits for the V-rod. Must work with stock pipes, I know V-mod does and Cycle Visions. Cycles Visions will not work with stock pipes, unless they have a new design out. V-mods look like they will, any experiance with either or both?

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Several of us have used both the Kuryakin and V-Mod extensions. I found the Kuryakin to be unsatisfactory - to wide and wouldn't stay in place (I'm using them up front now, for my hiway pegs! see (http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54362#post54362).
ChopperSteve's (V-Mod) are ratcheted, longer, and come back in. I am using the Kuryakin mini boards with them. There are other threads: http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619
and
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2327

I have yet to see pics of the Cyclevisions. They may be too far forward for boards, and won't clear any stock exhaust options, and require removal of the swingarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with the Franko Harley style, flip the pegs from side to side, also had to cut and modify mine too because the Legend Air Ride, do a search for Franko Harley post and you will see how to do, looks great and nobody even really knows you switched them.

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HarleyMan - Looked and couldn't find anything

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ok guys, I need some wisdom from the group on which option might be better between the Ratchet Pass Pegs relocators (from Vmod) and the Reversed stock pass Pegs option.
I like the 2nd option because it is cheaper but have concerns on weight capacity once the peg is modded and also any impact on pegs folding forward instead of backwards.
I wonder also which one of the 2 options puts the pass pegs most forward allowing for a more confortable riding position for the passenger.
All feedback is welcome.
Thanks!

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Daniii, nice set up. Do you think the Pass Peg Ratchet (v-mod.com) and Kuryakin foot boards will work with the stock pipes? Looks like they are very close to your 16 GA.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Dereck - I don't know. They just clear the 16ga. And I think V-Fred who has the same setup also (or used to) has the 16ga. As they are forward, and the stock pipes sweep up a little towards the rear, they might. Anyone else??????

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I don't recomend reversing the stock peg's.I went over a speed bump superslow with the wife.It felt like it bottemed out.Just didn't feel right.I stopped and looked.The bracket hit the gas tank. :tmbsdow: They are in the stock location now.and have a black mark from the tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as pegs hitting the tank when reversed, I cut the upper loop off, ground a radius on the pegs repainted them, look like the factory made them that way, have many miles that way with no problems.

·
1,738 Posts
Check my post under products on rachet foot peg extenders http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5259, or my gallery post for pics of the Custom Chrome Ratchet Passenger Peg Extenders with stock pegs. I have boards like Daniii's that I use for my lady if a long ride, but keep the pegs on otherwise for looks reasons. The extenders don't look that bad if you cant the pegs back slightly. When the boards are on, and my feet down my legs hit her toes when taking off from a stop. I think that Cyclevisions system would be far worse. You would have to get your feet up very fast.

Fred

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I had the mandatory rear pivot shaft installed today - tomorrow I'll put the pegs on. Looks nice so far!

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Roland
I like them better than the V-mod ratchets. Do they get in the way when you puy your feet down at a light?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts