Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals.

First a little history:
My father-in-law is an engineer and has access to all kinds of machining/finishing equipment/vendors.

I recently installed a set of pipes on my DX and saw a need for a custom exhaust bracket. The short is I had him make one and then had a few done for some folks around here. Fairly successful.

Anyway, I want to know what else you guys would like to see, especially for the DX's. Due to the success of the bracket, I think we can do most anything. I'd like to keep it to something that would be fairly popular and that I could develop/test on my DX. So, if it's a universal-type part, that's ok to. The only thing is I don't have immediate access to chromer (another reason I'd like to start w/ something for the DX/D/etc bikes first). However, just about any powdercoating color you can immagine is available.

Let me know.

Oh yeah, no obvious knock-offs of any forum sponsor's parts. I would be willing to work on something similar/cheaper but the last thing I want to do is "steal" someone else's products/customers. (IE: If I could do an inexpensive plate mount, then ok. But I won't do anything exactly like someone else's, like Pondo's swingarm caps.)

Peace out,

Chris

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
That bracket is great! How much? I would love some sort of Highway bar not only to rest my feet but to keep my legs and feet safe incase of a fall. The way it seems to me now is our legs and feet would get smushed if going down on the DX. Maybe a bar that can go straight thru above the radiator or something along those lines.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
how about a plate (which we can get chromed) to mount behind an aftermarket headlight? The HD one is hella expensive

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
2 inch longer black shift arms and brake arms.....and a black flux capacitor

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Ok...i know MANY thunderheader guys would love to have this similar bracket made up in black for the 07/08 DX with black thunderheader....Manolo modified his stock bracket but it sure would be nice to keep the stock on stock and have a new bracket for the THunderhdr!

Manolo has a HOW TO thread on his bracket mod if you wanted to see what it would take..

thanks
dan

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EZE, $50 but the "on hand" is going quick. I'll look at my bike to see if/where I could get a highway bar. Are you thinking a bent pipe style or just a machined straight bar?

jd, Like a bolt head w/ internal threads to accept a peg stud?

Luigit, I think a member was working on those (MegaZ maybe).

bigkim, You mean Brake/Shift levers?

NOS, I'll look into it. My brackets are not exhaust-specific per se. They just eliminate the rear extension. So, anything that doesn't require any rear support could probably use it. But, I assume the TH has some type of rear support arm, right? (It's so long and all). I'll check into Manalo's bracket.

How about some different pegs?

Thanks so far and keep the suggestions coming guys, I'll need some type of consensus in the end.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
I'd be interested in a not to expensive side plate mount in black. Pegs would be cool too.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Dirty Chris said:
EZE, $50 but the "on hand" is going quick. I'll look at my bike to see if/where I could get a highway bar. Are you thinking a bent pipe style or just a machined straight bar?

A straight thru design. Not to offend anyone but the bent pipe bars that are available now are not my cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
dirty,
them things ya use your feet to shift with and brake with.
thanks,
J

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
07_NightRodSpcl said:
Upper Fork Tube Covers ine black

:them: Oh yeah!!!

·
INVICTUS
127 Posts
Paul DX said:
:them: Oh yeah!!!
:them:

Ahhhhhhh yea! That would be the cherry on the sundae for me!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
07_NightRodSpcl said:
Upper Fork Tube Covers ine black
Do you have any particular part in mind (as a reference).

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I would like one of those exhaust mounts, as long as the shipping is not three times the cost of the part.

Another that would be in big demand would be swingarm bolt covers. I damned if I am gonna buy chrome ones just to powdercoat them.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
The_Apprentice said:
I would like one of those exhaust mounts, as long as the shipping is not three times the cost of the part.

He includes shipping in the $50 cost of the bracket. It's a super deal.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts