Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need New front brake line for my 2002, did a search etc... but cannot fint them. I would like them to be Black if that is possible instead of the terrible gray that they are now so perhaps the # for a B model will work.

Thanks for listening.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
maybe you should look into getting some lyndall brake pads. they are far better than anything harley has and only a few pennies more.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe you should look into getting some lyndall brake pads. they are far better than anything harley has and only a few pennies more.
I do have Lyndal Brake pads on my bike already, I need new Lines as mine are corroded.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
My factory X lines are braided stainless and clear (plastic?) coated. Would look great on your ano bike.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
The part # for the 05 SE front brake line is P/N 44543-05. About $ 116.00 from Zanotti's.

The black brake line that would have come on a 2004 B model is P/N 44454-01.

No price shown on Zanotti's website for this one.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
send a PM to v-shop (Sharkey), and get the lines from him

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
There is a DIY kit that makes the lines very thin, and black. The pvc never corrodes. Dang salt air!

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I know my lines are already starting to corrode in the salt air down here. The front ones coming out of the ABS block are looking nasty already (on an 8 month old bike).

Buddy of mine (guy that fab'd my taillight) has some of that PVC stuff - he's getting ready to do "hidden lines" with it on the front of his Fatboy.

Hmmmmm...

Just when you thought you were "almost done" with your mods, and the light at the end of the tunnel WASN'T a train...

CHOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOO!

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Lux, when I pulled those up for you they are a reasonably good setup, don't have to worry about measuring. They are reasonabley priced and not a bad setup. The ones that Pat suggested are made by Russell, much nicer, but you would have to order them piece by piece. You would have three lines, a splitter, two 90 degree banjo fittings and two 30 degree fittings. I believe the difference in cost might be pretty significant between those and the goodrige. All up to you. I do not recommend the build it yourself kit by magnum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts