Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Slow
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't gotten my parts catalog yet (will be ordering it with this part, actually). Would anyone mind looking up a part number for me? I need the master cylinder clamp for the clutch side, in black. Should be the same part for any DX. BikeBandit part number is 1524606 if that helps. I need the HD part number.

I have a problem with overtorquing....

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
45044-96 Clamp, Master cylinder clutch (black) taken from my 2007 parts manual.

Haven't changed much in 15 years. Puzzled how you did this. There should not be any pressure to cause it to spit in half. Mine fits like a glove around the handle bars and there is no room to bend it or crack it.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
If you start having strange electrical problems you know where to start.

·
Slow
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After the clamp snapped I pulled everything back off, pulled the loom shroud off, and visually inspected and everything looked good to go. Test rode after everything got put back together and all was good. You are correct though, if I start having electrical gremlins that will be the first place I look. It's what I get for getting in a hurry, I suppose.

·
Slow
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A couple more part numbers, if you wouldn't mind. Figure I might as well order all this stuff at one time:

-Fork stem cap o-rings
-Oil seals for the top of the fork sliders

These are for when I get around to pulling the forks to install the progressive springs. Thanks again.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
I have that part laying in a box, along with several other take-offs from a 'B' or DX. (they're black)
If you PM me your address, I'll mail it to you on Monday. It'll save you a few bucks.

·
Slow
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have that part laying in a box, along with several other take-offs from a 'B' or DX. (they're black)
If you PM me your address, I'll mail it to you on Monday. It'll save you a few bucks.
PM sent, I'm grateful for your generosity.

Still looking for those other part numbers if anyone has quick access to their parts catalog. Much obliged.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Not a problem. I'll drop it in the mail Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Fork Stem Cap O-Rings: 46508-01

There's a few seals on the fork top.

Which one did you need the p/n for?

You can also just order the complete seal KIT: 49379-09, which has 7, 10, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21 & 31

Rick

edit: ah, what the hell...

·
Slow
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Much obliged. I believe #18 was what I am looking for. Seals, o-rings, parts catalog, and service manual just got ordered from Chicago Harley. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts