Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the part no for the clutch actuator? The part that hangs on the side of the clutch and your fluid from your resivoir runs to?

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Are you talking about the secondary clutch actuator? Where the bleed screw is? If so, the P/N (assuming the 'R is the same as the other bikes, I have the '06 R parts book) is 36779-05k. The repair Kit P/N is 36769-05K.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
You're welcome. Glad to help.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I take the actuator off with fluid (oil) leak from the engine? Dont have my manual with me.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Maybe Max will chime in on this one...

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If you take the actuator off you will lose the fluid in the line and they are a pain to bleed so I don't suggest you do it until you have the new unit in your hand. If I remember right you had a clutch some times and sometimes you didn't. Unless your loosing fluid the odds are that you have a bad master and not a bad actuator.

Reactions: rserrano_1978

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Max, do to all of the small metal shavings I decided to replace the entire package. Not sure if the metal flakes did any damage to the actuator itself.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Gdub said:
Max, do to all of the small metal shavings I decided to replace the entire package. Not sure if the metal flakes did any damage to the actuator itself.
I doubt they ever made it into the line at all. Most likely they came from a spring or other part on the back side of the master.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just trying to be a little more safe than sorry. Thanks for the input everyone.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
I flushed my line recently and think I had the same type of stuff in my fluid even though I had just flushed it a few months ago - I never thought to check it with a magnet. When I flushed it with Max's awesome pressure bleeder I was able to see that it wasn't in the line. Only the fluid in the master looked this way.

I did not have your other symptoms, though.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I went with the number that chicago H-D gave me 36779-01kA. Secondary clutch actuator, it does not have a metal button in the middle the entire boot sourounds the actuator. Can anyone verify if this is the correct part? Bike functions fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts