Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has some advise on how to park a bike in a parking spot meant for a car. If you are alone and if you are with others on bikes. If I'm by myself I park like this. If I'm with a few bikes I park like that kinda info. Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
If I'm alone I park towards the back of the spot so someone won't think it's empty and crush my bike. It depends on how many I'm riding with what I do.
I try not to be a hog (no pun intended) and take up the entire spot

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
In a stall, I park it straight in or back it in, right in the middle of the space, but slight closer to the opening. I park there slightly closer to the opening so cars can see me in the stall before starting to swing into the stall. If it parallel parking, I back it in at 90 degrees or at a slight angle with the rear tire inches away from the curb. I'm talking about parking alone of course.

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
I prefer not to use a parking stall, but rather park up near the building, say a mall or whatever. Away from the cages with their professional operators. If I need to use a parking space, I make sure I use the whole thing. Another bike can always fit in and that wouldn't hurt my feelings. When riding with others, we would fit a couple-three bikes to a space if we couldn't find spots right next to the bar.

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
Actually, I agree with parking close to the buildings. I try to find a place tucked away and close to the building first, away from foot traffic and cars. Even in parking lots, there are usually islands tucked in close to the building, where you can safely park. As long as its not marked red or there are no signs and you're not blocking any entrances, you won't be ticketed usually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts