Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1130cc Lurker
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I installed my PCIIIusb, K&N Filter and Force Shorties. In the process I had to go semi-topless to make room for the PCIII. I took it out for a 15 min. spin and everything seems fine (no popping, lugging, hesitating etc.), however, I did notice that when I parked it back in the garage the third volume was hotter than normal reinforced by the increased popping and creaking while cooling. Is it possible that I could be running dangerously lean and not have any other symptoms in the bike's performance? The map I am running came preloaded for my set up (with the exception of semi-topless) from Cycle Solutions, Inc. who I've seen work and believe they know what they are doing. Anything I should check? The only dynos around here that I know of are at the Harley Dealerships and I have no faith in their ability to tune from past experiences with them. Any advice?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
if you took it to a dealership they would most likely tell you to replace the pcIII with their race tuner. And for the heated third volume I would say paranoid, but I'm no guru so I'm sure somebody else will give better advise :D

·
1130cc Lurker
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I think I am just being paranoid because I'm a noob a this mechanical tinkering and don't want to screw up. I would think if it were too lean I would have hesitation or dying. I just wanted to hear you guys' opinions to see if you concur. I will ride it like this for a while and see how it goes. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts