Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? How many hours were you charged for the dissassebly/reassembly? What should I look out for?

Thanks in advance!

Rodman

·
LiveBlueFlamesBB1430
904 Posts
Why on earth would anyone paint a frame? Sounds like a crazy venture. Exactly!
But tear one apart and chrome it and then paint it, now that's the ticket. Since I tore mine down myself and plan on putting it back together myself, I can't give you a price of labor for that. But to have it chromed $1200 seems to be going rate. And then painted $300 was my price, then you have to add in shipping. Oh and figure a down time of 3 months roughly. While your at it powder coat the engine to match. Nothing but money! And I am sure alot of smiles in the end. Doanld

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
OK VROD said:
Why on earth would anyone paint a frame? Sounds like a crazy venture. Exactly!
But tear one apart and chrome it and then paint it, now that's the ticket. Since I tore mine down myself and plan on putting it back together myself, I can't give you a price of labor for that. But to have it chromed $1200 seems to be going rate. And then painted $300 was my price, then you have to add in shipping. Oh and figure a down time of 3 months roughly. While your at it powder coat the engine to match. Nothing but money! And I am sure alot of smiles in the end. Doanld
Where are the pictures of the pile of parts? We need to see the pile! :thumb:

·
Red Hot Rod
1,084 Posts
I did all the work myself so I can't tell you what it should cost. I ground all the welds, had it abrasive blasted with garnet (around $100), custom molded all the joints and painted everything with base/clear polyurethane. The engine and wheels were done with single stage catalyzed polyurethane. I think the end result was worth all the work ! It attracts a lot of attention e
verywhere I go. Even guys who "don't like V-Rods" like mine...........
If you are going to take it apart yourself take lots of pictures and buy the service manual and parts catalog !

·
LiveBlueFlamesBB1430
904 Posts
Some hidden agenda on seeing my pile? Trust me it's here, I have looked at it for 2 months. Won't be long the pile will make a bike! Besides this thread is about painted frames .Donald

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
OK VROD said:
Some hidden agenda on seeing my pile? Trust me it's here, I have looked at it for 2 months. Won't be long the pile will make a bike! Besides this thread is about painted frames .Donald

Well then start a new thread.I'd like to see the pile too. :hyper:

Elrod on the V-Rod :biker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts