Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody painted the two silver exhaust ends (the parts that look like a couple of thermos!)?

Using high temp paint or bbq paint to get the same matt finish as the rest of the pipe covers?

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
I bet it would look cool, just make sure you sandblast, prime and paint with high heat ifyou want it to last and look good. Go for it!

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. I'm playing around with ideas on the exhausts. I like the TAB ends but they have no map for a PCIII, it would mean either buy their fueller or find somewhere to map them.

I'd probably end up de-baffling the originals and running a map on a PCIII if I could get a reliable paint down on the thermos's!

Love the Quad by the way.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that, I'll grab some of the PJ1. Been working all weekend - might take a look at it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
After reading this thread I decided to try the grill paint on the thermoses. Figured worst comes to worst.....i pull em off and get em ceramic powder coated. apologies for the camera phone.ill take some digitals soon. ..................................ok i dont know how to attach a pic to the thread...ill throw it in my gallery

Attachments

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they look great. Not had chance to even look at mine due to the awful weather the UK is having at the moment.

Only time the sun came out was when I went to the local chapter meeting, since then it's been rain rain rain.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.