Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I havent really posted on here for a while, I picked up a Triumph Daytona 675 and its corner carving ability has really put my Vrod on the back burner for a while, I really love sportbikes in the colder seasons due to the fact that I usually always wear full gear on a sportbike, as opposed to just a Tshirt when on the Vrod. However recently I decided to finish a project I started on the Vrod. I bought these silver hardbags awhile back that I painted Harley orange about six months ago, last weekend I decided to finish them by putting flames on them. I posted progressive pics of my progress and then the finished item. Took about 10 hours of sanding, designing, painting, pinstriping and then clearing them. I have painted flames quite a bit in the past for different vehicles. Just thought I'd post pics here as I think the bags "flamed" go pretty good with the VRSCX airbox cover. I custom painted also that matching VRSCX rear fender as well, the only thing decal is the word "Vrod" on it. The airbox cover though is actually from a wrecked VRSCX model, I had to pop a dent out of it, which then cracked the paint, I had to airbrush it back in, and clear it and now you cant even tell even when standing directly at the bike. Anyway, I thought it looked cool finally finished so heres my pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Very nice job, bike looks great !!

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
I really like the way the x tins look on the black frame. Very nice!

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
it has a smooth flow to it...nice job.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Amanda,
What brand of shocks you have on the "X"?

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The shocks are the Harley Davidson VRSC chrome shock kit, if you are lookin for them, I've seen them on ebay in the recent past fairly reasonable. They are the standard length, just with a chrome cover over them that entirely covers the spring.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
The shocks are the Harley Davidson VRSC chrome shock kit, if you are lookin for them, I've seen them on ebay in the recent past fairly reasonable. They are the standard length, just with a chrome cover over them that entirely covers the spring.
Amanda,
Thanks. That is what I have on my VRSCX - I think. They look different somehow. Can't explain it. Maybe just being a picture instead of real life. I did buy mine from a Harley dealer.

The length of the kit shocks is 13" and the stock shock length is 13.5" for the VRSCX. Earlier V-Rods were 13". So you have lowered your machine 1/2".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts