Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint my stock Night Rod Rims. Does anyone have a suggestion on which I should get done? I heard powder coat doesn't hold up well? But I heard the same about paint?

Thanks in advance

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Your engine is powdercoated, no? Paint chips. PC does not. In my mind the only drawback to PC is if it's scratched, it's more difficult to buff.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,449 Posts
I found that this stuff works great with no issues.
http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid=72&prodid=112
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm also going to check with my local PC provider and see what they'll charge me to strip them.
Thought I had done a good job, cleaned them with acetone, used an etching primer for aluminum and they looked great till the first time I wash them then the edges started flaking. And any little stone or nick makes them chip.
Oh well, live and learn.

·
coaltrain
63 Posts
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but have been thinking of doing this to my stock DX wheels as well. Does anybody have a good picture of stock DX wheels painted gloss black on the bike they can post so we can see?

·
EXCELSIOR
8,449 Posts
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but have been thinking of doing this to my stock DX wheels as well. Does anybody have a good picture of stock DX wheels painted gloss black on the bike they can post so we can see?
The DX wheels are what, matte black? Just have them clear powder coated if you want gloss that lasts.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Gloss finish or matte?

If a matte finish is fine...has anyone hard anodized their wheels?

I'm having some stuff done in a couple months and think I'll take the rims in to get a quote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts