Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a disclaimer - this probably won't happen anytime soon but I've been thinking about re-painting my skins eventually. It seems that all I have to do is look at it and there's another hairline scratch in the top coat - and we know how many looks our bikes get ;)

Anyways - seeing as I got the "Patriot Edition" and that's it's probably one of few (if not the only) VRSC that got that treatment from the MOCO, should I worry about retaining the original vivid black and red/blue pinstripes or try something else? In all honesty it's just a paint job and some special emblems that set it apart.

Of course, I could just pick up an extra set of tins to have done... It's only 4-5 pieces to swap out, right?

What is everybody else's thoughts - is the original paint scheme worth keeping?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Just take it off and get it cleared again with some good clear, not that moco crap.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can always get an additional set of skins. Have them painted any way you want and still have the originals. I picked up a set off e-bay for my custom paint so I can return the bike to stock if I need to.

Another plus to this is you can put the original skins on it if you decide to sell it and then sell the other set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts