Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EXCELSIOR
8,502 Posts
If it is over the weld area it could be that the metal wasn't cleaned adequately prior to painting.
After examining your photos it could be either poor surface prep or insufficiently cured paint prior to installing shocks.
Touch it up with some Rustoleum.

·
Kerby
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering how new the bike us... Only a few months, should I take it back to the dealer or just deal with it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
DTHDOC said:
not normal, talk to the stealer that sold it to you!
I will say that as fine as the DX looks, the fit and finish is horrible. I have a number of pieces where the paint is just flaking off around the edges. It looks like some aluminum parts were not prepared properly before paint. You can always fix the take off parts but I would be very unhappy if the paint starts to flake on the frame. That's not so easy to fix. I don't know about you but it really pi$$es me off to have issues with the finish even though you take really good care of the thing.

Still turns heads every time!

Could the shocks be la bit loose causing vibration against the frame mounts? Just a thought.

·
Kerby
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far I think I have the issue under control. (I sanded the area down and applied touch up paint, I also placed a small black rubber washer on the shock, where it attached to the frame, and it covers everything up.) So far it is the only problem I have had with the paid (Other than the dealer jacking my rear wheel up.) I got a flat and went ahead and replaced the 240 with a 260. They jacked the wheel up... Had it painted, and now the new paint is flaking off! I took it back to the dealer and it seems like they can't get a hold of the painter!?!?!? I'll probably let it go another few days and If I don't hear back I'll ask them to replace the wheel with a new factory one.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Send it back and get an AW.:stilpoke:
Make the stealership fix it for you. You should not have problems with the finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts