Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

i was woundering if i can use a paddock stand with my dx?

I used a set on my old sports bike over the winter so i didnt get flat spots on the tyres, just cant see where the bobbins would fit if possible.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use my jack. Lift it up a few inches so the tires are off the ground. It allows me to move the bike tight into the corner of the garage to minimize the space it takes up. Searched for stands designed for V-Rods and didn't come up with anything. It looks like the paddock stands keep the suspension compressed just like its on the ground. Not sure if its an old wives tale but I’ve heard taking the pressure of the suspension during storage is supposed to be a good thing..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, thanks CTNRS. dont fancy taking the pressure out, so i guess i'll just move it around every month or so.

·
Registered
291 Posts
By taking the pressure off the suspension I meant lifting the bike and taking the weight off the suspension so the springs dont have the weight sitting on them in one place for several months.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
argh ok, if the paddock stands worked it wouldnt be any good as they normally lift from the swingarm meaning the suspension would still be compressed

·
Not broke yet!
222 Posts
I have a Pitbull swing arm stand I bought and used on my Buell Firebolt that also works well on my NRS. Due to the much longer wheelbase it is kinda hard to use by yourself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tried my old rear paddock stand with the swingarm cup mounts and it wont fit as my exhaust is in the way!!!

oh well

·
Noel
4,598 Posts
what do the VRXSE guys do at the track?
IIRC I saw a few use a paddock type stand in the pit's, but when it was time to go to staging, the dreaded triangle was employed. A few bikes had side stands, but they were not running VRD class.

I plan to use a frame lift for this winters storage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts