Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you pack when riding?

i do i keep a beretta px4 inox (9mm) with a 20 round mag in my saddlebag a s&w 637 (38spl+p)in my jacket.

if my wife is with me she packs a walther p22 military (22lr) and a naa mini revolver (22mag)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
how many of you pack when riding?

i do i keep a beretta px4 inox (9mm) with a 20 round mag in my saddlebag a s&w 637 (38spl+p)in my jacket.

if my wife is with me she packs a walther p22 military (22lr) and a naa mini revolver (22mag)
Packing is pretty much a US thing. Kind of comical actually.
Ron

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how is it comical? not to long ago a guy had to shoot and kill a guy in the middle of the i-10 after he had killed a woman and was beating a officer to death.

i myself after serving 5 years in the military (3 combat zones) was out one night (in 2000) and was shot at short range by 3 drunk illegals.

pistol is a tool, you hope you do not need. but you know it is better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
Pack a .380 and glad I do. Had an illegal mexican come up behind me at 11pm one nite on side of a hwy while changing a flat tire. I had no idea he was there until he said something while less than 10 feet behind me.
You can imagine my heart thumping as I jumped up with one hand on my weapon in the small of my back and the tire iron in my other hand.
I yelled at him to get the Fugg out of here and he took off.
After about 15 minutes of making sure there were no others I went back to fixing my tire and got on my way

·
Banned
5,281 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tony last time i was on kings island was 1992.
the things i learned
i think it was the woman out numbered the men 9 to 1 and they pretty much ruled the roost.
the men could not have guns unless they owned a good portion of land so they mainly were at the pub.
Vegemite is disgusting

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
tony last time i was on kings island was 1992.
the things i learned
i think it was the woman out numbered the men 9 to 1 and they pretty much ruled the roost.
the men could not have guns unless they owned a good portion of land so they mainly were at the pub.
Vegemite is disgusting
Unfortunately King Is isn't there anymore,an elder shoved her hand down a mutton bird burrow and accidently pulled the main plug to the place and sunk it.One of the last places on the planet where a weapon wasn't needed to catch a feed too, such a shame.

Vaginamite as it's colloquially know is great on steering head bearings.Technically your having a beer with every mouthful,its made from spent yeast from the Fosters brewery so it's popular among the unarmed.

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts
Yes,daily. It's part of getting dressed in the morning. Generally some configuration of my Sig Sauer P320.

Occasionally a Sig P220, or a Sig P250 sub-compact. Or like Mike an XDs but in 9mm.
Choices are good.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
..................………..finger poised on Jim Jeffries clip:banghead:

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
One question.?
Why advertise IF you're carrying? Been in security all my life. Not smart guys... IMO
Thats just being paranoid. I have had and carried guns in one way or another my almost entire life and never once had a criminal or anyone else follow me to take one. I have also never had a cop stop me or come to my home and say “ hey, let me see all those guns you talk about”. so its not any kind of issue talking guns at least in this country because we all have a second ammendment right to have them.
There is no reason to be all hush hush I got a gun and I carry it. Just do it legally and no problem. If you think a criminal is going to walk up and take my gun your also thinking like a pussy that dont know how to pull a trigger.
You have a right to defend yourself NOW GO OUT THERE AND BUY SOME GUNS.

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
One question.?
Why advertise IF you're carrying? Been in security all my life. Not smart guys... IMO
I'll let the "not smart" comment go by and just say your thinking is exactly backwards. An armed society is a polite society, and the more that being armed is normalized the safer we all are. E.g. When Kennesaw GA passed a law requiring all households to posses a functioning firearm, they saw an immediate and dramatic reduction in crimes such as breaking and entering.

Using history in security to substantiate your expertise and opinion isn't a credible argument. For all we know (and the info you provided), you could have a lifetime of night watch at the museum and stints as mall cop. If you have real data or expertise, please educate us.

Thats just being paranoid. I have had and carried guns in one way or another my almost entire life and never once had a criminal or anyone else follow me to take one. I have also never had a cop stop me or come to my home and say “ hey, let me see all those guns you talk about”. so its not any kind of issue talking guns at least in this country because we all have a second ammendment right to have them.
There is no reason to be all hush hush I got a gun and I carry it. Just do it legally and no problem. If you think a criminal is going to walk up and take my gun your also thinking like a pussy that dont know how to pull a trigger.
You have a right to defend yourself NOW GO OUT THERE AND BUY SOME GUNS.
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
One question.?
Cops advertise they are carrying al the time! I open carry sometimes just because I can. No doubt I am giving an edge away for some scenarios but for others it could be a faster draw.

·
Registered
737 Posts
An armed society is a polite society, and the more that being armed is normalized the safer we all are.
The received wisdom here in my country is the more that being unarmed is normalised, the safer we all are.

One of us has to be wrong. I'd say if we totted the % of citizens killed by guns annually your side vs those on our side, the stats might very well go our way Mike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alen hitler disarmed german citizens in the name of keeping the people safe how did that work out? switzerland every house hold must have a gun and ammo and has one of the lowest crime rates in the world

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
The received wisdom here in my country is the more that being unarmed is normalised, the safer we all are.

One of us has to be wrong. I'd say if we totted the % of citizens killed by guns annually your side vs those on our side, the stats might very well go our way Mike.
You may want to do a little research on that. The stats are wildly in favor of armed. Keep in mind that we are armed primarily as a means of defending freedom from oppressive abuse of power. The occasional criminal is comparatively insignificant. Our 2nd amendment is about defending freedom from our own government more than anything else. Make sure when doing your research to include citizens killed by oppressive powers while disarmed. You may find the numbers to be a few hundred thousand deaths to one. Also include you neighbors to the north who failed to win freedom from their oppressors, the same ones we fought.

In short: Cherry picking the occasional quiet periods between the periods of oppression and violence doesn't fly with me. It's mighty easy for the sheep to play peaceful when they have a shepherd keeping the wolves away.

EDIT: A quote from warrior times that pretty much wraps it up. Keep in mind that in the US, exercising the right to bear arms is as much about keeping that right as anything else.

"Here’s a history of what happens after governments have disarmed their citizens:

1911 – Turkey disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians.

1929 – Russia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians.

1935 – China disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese.

1938 – Germany disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1939 – 1945 they murdered 16 million Jews.

1956 – Cambodia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1975 – 1977 they murdered 1 million Educated people.

1964 – Guatamala disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.

1970 – Uganda disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians.

[Editor: You can argue about the numbers, but the point here is that disarmed citizens are vulnerable, and that there are many historical examples of disarmed citizens being killed and oppressed by their own government. The excuse given by authorities that they need to take guns away from citizens in order to lower crime rates is not supported by facts. Even if a government does not turn on its own citizens after disarming them, people are less safe – because unarmed citizens are easy targets to criminals. Over and over again, it has been clearly shown that taking guns away from citizens does not lead to a decrease in crime but rather a dramatic increase.]

Australia has disarmed it’s citizens, and a year later the homicide rate in the largest province is up 300%. The burglaries of seniors is “dramatically” up.

I guess the criminals did not turn their weapons in. Only the innocent law abiding citizens turned in weapons.

In US cities with the highest crime rates, taking guns away from the citizens has not lowered the homicide rate. All it has done is to make it easier for criminals to operate.

The 2nd amendment is not about duck hunting, or deer hunting. It is about having the ability and the right to defend oneself and your family. It doesn’t matter if that threat is a burglar, or the Federal Government. A disarmed population is fair game for any president who may be aspiring to become a dictator. Having its citizens armed was the plain and simple intent of the founding fathers of our country."

1 - 20 of 90 Posts