Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ,whats the p,n for the latest slipper clutch and nut ,and any one got a low down on the best price ,havent tried chicargo h,d yet ,cos ive tried typing in what i thought the p,n was( 37938-08-ka) but nope ,i gots it wrong ,or does chicargo h,d have different numbers and have no clue to the nut p,n , i know , no new one needed ,but this one i have has been on and off 10 times ,so best be sure ,found one on flea bay in texas brand new $214, but has 99.7 feedback ,is that ok
thanks ppls

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Zanotti's HD 203.00, p# 37938-08KA.

You have to use capital letters at the end, Chicago's HD will quote you 240.00, they dont give 20% discounts anymore

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
they have a live help on their site that is "helpful".
I could search THIS site for you, but I am lazy and its your bike, wtf... 8008M

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks buddy, the live help is never there for me cos of time difference ,and this search gave me every other nut out there and some familiar names ,lol ,the list was long and varied, ,just checked it out with ur p,n ,$17 .50 for a damn nut grrrr

thanks again
brett

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
alot of people use the same nut, I did too.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree,but have had the one thats on there has been on and off a lot ,thought they may have a life span

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Brett,

Zanotti's got one for $202.74 directly from their web site Here and the Nut is $14.36

·
Registered
20 Posts
Vrscr

I have A 2006 VRSCR with 5,000 miles on it and my clutch is starting to slip. Does anyone know if it is adjustable and if not whats the toughest clutch I can get? I bought the bike 2 years ago brand new with 26 miles on it and I have had all my maintenance done at the dealership. I bought this bike because it was almost half off the sticker price and really fun to ride..... not to mention its a HARLEY! I almost bought a new ZX-14 the same day that I was lucky enough to stumble upon this jewel and I love the bike but I guess I'm a more of a high performance type rider then it is a high performance bike because 5,000 miles seems a little soon for the clutch to be slipping I think. I am only 5'8" and 175 so when I launch from the light racing the jap bikes I have to slip it a little because I dont have enough weight on the back tire to make it grab, i would have to carry a CHICK with me every where I go to get traction and thats not gonna happen! lol besides everytime I have gotten that front tire in the air it gets pretty scary!! SO ANY IDEAS ON THE MOST DURABLE CLUTCH ON THE MARKET?? My dealer said VANCE and HINES but I was thinking HD SLIPPER and someone else told me BARNETTS. Please help If you know the answer. thanks!

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I have A 2006 VRSCR with 5,000 miles on it and my clutch is starting to slip. Does anyone know if it is adjustable and if not whats the toughest clutch I can get? I bought the bike 2 years ago brand new with 26 miles on it and I have had all my maintenance done at the dealership. I bought this bike because it was almost half off the sticker price and really fun to ride..... not to mention its a HARLEY! I almost bought a new ZX-14 the same day that I was lucky enough to stumble upon this jewel and I love the bike but I guess I'm a more of a high performance type rider then it is a high performance bike because 5,000 miles seems a little soon for the clutch to be slipping I think. I am only 5'8" and 175 so when I launch from the light racing the jap bikes I have to slip it a little because I dont have enough weight on the back tire to make it grab, i would have to carry a CHICK with me every where I go to get traction and thats not gonna happen! lol besides everytime I have gotten that front tire in the air it gets pretty scary!! SO ANY IDEAS ON THE MOST DURABLE CLUTCH ON THE MARKET?? My dealer said VANCE and HINES but I was thinking HD SLIPPER and someone else told me BARNETTS. Please help If you know the answer. thanks!
IMO, you should be just fine with a HD Slipper clutch. I put them in my big bore and on my turbo V-Rod applications and haven't any concerns at all. Another bonus with them is about 40% less pressure required when using the hand lever, which is nice. For a little over $ 200.00 money well spent.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
I'm totally for a switch to the slipper clutch, but I'm going to bet your slipping issue isn't that the existing clutch is worn out. You might want to replace and bleed the clutch fluid first (or at least check the fluid level and top it off) and see if that fixes things up for you. When was the last time you changed out the clutch fluid and bled the clutch?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I replaced the fluid last fall when I put a new master cylinder on the bike but maybe I did not get all the air out of it when I bled the line. I will try that, since it's free it's worth trying. I used DOT4 brake fluid. I was surprised that the dealer mechanic recommended the V-H clutch and not the HD slipper. thanks for your help guys!!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I replaced the fluid last fall when I put a new master cylinder on the bike but maybe I did not get all the air out of it when I bled the line. I will try that, since it's free it's worth trying. I used DOT4 brake fluid. ....
Unfortunately, bleeding the clutch won't fix a clutch that's slipping.

When there's air in the clutch it'll behave opposite to yours (it won't release). A slipping clutch is either worn out, or the slave cylinder is stuck because of mechanical problems or because you have too much fluid in the reservoir.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Unfortunately, bleeding the clutch won't fix a clutch that's slipping.

When there's air in the clutch it'll behave opposite to yours (it won't release). A slipping clutch is either worn out, or the slave cylinder is stuck because of mechanical problems or because you have too much fluid in the reservoir.
Well I did overfill it last time and thought it wasn't a big deal and that might be the problem but the bike is at the dealer right now getting some warranty work done on it so i can't drain some fluid out and test ride it but I have decided that since i had been riding it with it slipping a little I'm just going to go ahead and have them through in a slipper clutch and make sure the slave cylinder is engaging and dis-engaging properly before I pick it up. thank you for your response, I needed all the input I could get on this one! good luck to you and have a great day!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts