Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right:

I spent three hours reading all of the old threads on fuelers, maps and CFR pipes. The more I read, the deeper things seemed to get and the more confused I got.

I am not trying to get deep with all of this. All I did was change my pipes to a CFR. I am running toples with a K&N Filter. Can somebody who is running this combo suggest proper settings or a map for my Harley race fueler. I will be satisfied if I have to go to a site and purchase a map. I just want to get in and out of this, as I am not trying to get into this heavy.

Everybody, I swear I tried to research this, And now I give up because the overwhelming info on the subject is just confusing me. Someone, please just tell me what to do and I will go off and do it

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you try the EFI sections ? They have several maps posted there and could probably point you more in the right direction than the general area. You could also try contacting CFR and see if they had any specific maps they suggest.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
If he has the "Fueler", to my understanding, it simply has a couple of pots that you can adjust. No maps or uploads.

The race "Tuner" allows you to upload maps to your EFI.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
You are right mike, there are no maps you tune it by sound and the seat of your pants. It is just like jetting a carb. Remember the old models only added gas. 7:eek:o was off no gas added, the new models 7:00 is -10% gas and 9:00 was off. hope this helps

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
old fox I think the issue is that not a lot of people here are running your particular setup. You would be better off with the RT, PCIII, or the fueler that CFR makes. Are you trying to do this on a budget?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I think the race fueler will do what you need it just takes some time and patience to get them right. I have never used one but from other fuelers the trick is to make a single adjustment at a time and ride the bike. When you start making multiple adjustments you get yourself lost.Depending on your factory flash you probably want to set all the settings to a default point and ride the bike. Lean will make it feel sluggish like it is bogging down, rich of course will make it blow clouds of black smoke. My guess would be for the cfr pipe that it will be just a little lean in the 3k rpm range and a little lean at highway speed but fine down low. I really don't think you have to make many adjustments to take care of it.

904 Posts
Oldfox, I feel your pain! That's why I went with the PCIII (CFR/K&N/Topless), and simply dropped in a map (from the forum) that was already dialed in for my setup. No muss, no fuss -- a bunch of others did all the legwork, expensive dyno-tunes & experimenting, yet I was able to reap the benefits! That's what makes this forum such a great resource, the sharing of information like this.

Can't anyone with the "fueler" (and same configuration) simply give him some specific pot-settings to use/try? Or is the "fueler" that bike-specific that the identical settings won't react the same on a different bike?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts