Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is not how I wanted to start my new Harley experience but it is what it is. Two weeks ago, I picked up a NRC with ABS from a dealership 100 miles away. As soon as I drove off the lot the ABS light start flashing. First thing running through my mind is, "oh $h1t." I wanted to return to the dealership right away but I had people with me and it was getting late so I decided to ride home.

Couple of days later I took it to local dealership and they had it over a week now and they can't seem to find the problem. First they replace the sensor. Second they replace the wheel bearing. Now it sound like they are digging into the wire and see what is going on. This whole experience is leaving a bad test in my mouth. I am afraid of getting the bike back all mangled up.

I am leaving out of country for 2 weeks so basically I rode my bike 2 times over a month. Has any one experience this problem? Is it worth my time to contact HD? I know there is no lemon law when it comes to bikes so what other choices do I have besides kissing my a$$?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did the ABS light turn off as you drove or did it consistently blink the whole ride home? If it turns off while you drive then it perfectly normal. It suppose to blink until you drive 3mph. Hope that's the issue,

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did notice that as well. The light would go off after I take off and comes back on after 60mph. I have a feeling it's the ABS ECU.

·
Registered
108 Posts
After a couple of weeks with mine, the abs light came on. I took it back they fixed it no problems since

1 - 7 of 7 Posts