Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size engine with mods ,would take down a trask turbo , if they had the identical skilled rider ,no im not doing it ,just curious

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
From what I have seen a well tuned 1402 or 1450 should do it. Most Trask kits I have seen put out around 150 rWHP on a stock 1130cc. I know at MWT a few years ago the fastest V-rod on the track that day was Ray's (Vrodcustoms) 1450 Eagle/Spike built/tuned bike. If I remember correctly he was running high 10's. My bike with the Trask ran a best 10.80 when I had it (that was with a friend riding it best I did was a 10.95). I tried to get Ray to ride my 1550 bike at the track but we ran out of time. I believe my best time was 11.30 but I know it has a lot more in it.

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
From what I have seen a well tuned 1402 or 1450 should do it. Most Trask kits I have seen put out around 150 rWHP on a stock 1130cc. I know at MWT a few years ago the fastest V-rod on the track that day was Ray's (Vrodcustoms) 1450 Eagle/Spike built/tuned bike. If I remember correctly he was running high 10's. My bike with the Trask ran a best 10.80 when I had it (that was with a friend riding it best I did was a 10.95). I tried to get Ray to ride my 1550 bike at the track but we ran out of time. I believe my best time was 11.30 but I know it has a lot more in it.
1550, wow. How streetable is that and is it reliable?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
Kens 1402 pulled 142 Hp :notworth:

my untuned turbo with stock engine pulled 144

This was on the same dyno.

Kens 1402 ran up and down the drag strip all day long.

Ken has one hell of an engine. :notworth:

That bike sounds unreal and is just not right. lol :D

I really think he would of taken me in the drag race. :moped:

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
1550, wow. How streetable is that and is it reliable?

Not very. The cams are way to big. Going to rebuild it over the winter with the S-E stage 2 cams and some new gaskets that will hopefully fix all the leaks :banghead: The bike has made between 155 and 170 hp on multiple dynos.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts

That is no lie, what impressed me the most about the bike was the torque curve!! It looked like a diesel torque curve. That bike would be a blast form stop light to stop light.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I think with the right wheels (aka buell or carbon fiber wheels) a 1/4 stroke motor could take a trask down. Jason aka Jecks 1350cc motor that we built put out a impressive 139hp on the same dyno that Ken and Rod where on.

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
I think with the right wheels (aka buell or carbon fiber wheels) a 1/4 stroke motor could take a trask down. Jason aka Jecks 1350cc motor that we built put out a impressive 139hp on the same dyno that Ken and Rod where on.
Those carbon wheels look very nice. The price on the other hand....

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Bryan, the best I ran with my 1402 is 11.19. I am NOT a racer by any means and tend it have traction issues due to being underweight. :banghead: I would have no doubt that someone like Ray could knock almost .5 off my time on my bike.

Up and down was right. I had a whole stickin pocket full of time slips. I would make a pass and ride it right back into line. A couple of times the timeslips showed run times under 5 minutes apart.

I like the sound too. ;)

That is no lie, what impressed me the most about the bike was the torque curve!! It looked like a diesel torque curve. That bike would be a blast form stop light to stop light.
That is what I built it for and it is a blast anywhere including the highway.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Well dad burnit as a Trask Turbo tribe member, I can't just sit here and not say something :)... With some very minor changes (minor does not mean cheap :) ) and 10lbs of boost ain't none of you big bore boyz gunna touch a Trask Turbo :).... So there, put that in your pipe and smoke it :)...

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Well dad burnit as a Trask Turbo tribe member, I can't just sit here and not say something :)... With some very minor changes (minor does not mean cheap :) ) and 10lbs of boost ain't none of you big bore boyz gunna touch a Trask Turbo :).... So there, put that in your pipe and smoke it :)...
OK, whose riding? You riding your own? :deal:

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
If that is the case then how come the fastest 1/4 mile V-rods are N/A or spraying NOS???? :D

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i smell a show down ,lol, can i have $20 on ray riding kens bike , or can, ken fill his nut sack pockets and boots full of lead ,haha

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
what size engine with mods ,would take down a trask turbo , if they had the identical skilled rider ,no im not doing it ,just curious
The question is how much boost with the trask? Turbo you can add a $70 manual boost controller and keep turnin up the HP to stay above the BB guys in an instant. Is that fair comparison? Turbo is a whole different ballgame than a BB IMO. But They both have their place. Just thought i would throw that into the mix :D

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ha ,ok lets say keeping the trask set at 8 pound boost for the sake of the arguement and the race between ken and tbones

1 - 20 of 62 Posts