Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted 8 pics in the vrod section. These are unfinished straight out of the mold. We will only have 12 completed before daytona of which 5 are already sold. Its massive, Its bold & It has plenty of air flow. Additionally we have left space on either side of the gauges for additional gauges, mirrors, switches, or art work. All of this and no cutting of your vel. stacks! Hey we relys its not for everyone, but we figure there are two other types that are already twins, we wanted something mean! However we already started a low profile model for those of you who want to cut your stacks. DH

PS Good, Bad, Or indifferent I would like your feed back. Its all about air flow baby.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
DH,
That should move some air!Do you have a model like that,but doesn't Move the gage pod?Just a Racing AirBox Cover for the HP Junkie or Hardcore Racer to use! :thumb:Quick light and easy to use......... :cool:

·
2,552 Posts
Americancustoms said:
I have posted 8 pics in the vrod section. These are unfinished straight out of the mold. We will only have 12 completed before Daytona of which 5 are already sold. Its massive, Its bold & It has plenty of air flow. Additionally we have left space on either side of the gages for additional gages, mirrors, switches, or art work. All of this and no cutting of your vel. stacks! Hey we relys its not for everyone, but we figure there are two other types that are already twins, we wanted something mean! However we already started a low profile model for those of you who want to cut your stacks. DH

PS Good, Bad, Or indifferent I would like your feed back. Its all about air flow baby.
DH,

In concept I like the box. For me it is to tall. I would be one that does not mind cutting the velocity stacks. The small height profile would work much better for my taste. When will you have a prototype that will have a height similar to the customworks or BPP. By the way, Thanks for leading the charge on custom skins for our V-Rods.

Most Respectfully
Frank

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like it!!!Looks baddddd!

DH, How about setting it on a bike and taking a few pic's!?Figure what it would cost with a stock black paint job and I'll call you for the estimate.
Fredfryguy :) :biker:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frank Storms said:
DH,

In concept I like the box. For me it is to tall. I would be one that does not mind cutting the velocity stacks. The small height profile would work much better for my taste. When will you have a prototype that will have a height similar to the customworks or BPP. By the way, Thanks for leading the charge on custom skins for our V-Rods.

Most Respectfully
Frank
hey frank HD called today and wants to know your mileage? Apparently they can reset your new gauge if you want? Call me I am having it sent directly to you when it arrives. Send your shipping address again as well.

Sorry about the height it turned out higher then i thought in order to clear everything. However if you wish I can send you a complete set of the first generation then trade you out to the new low profile when its complete at no charge except for the paint. I know you have been waiting a long time and would like to be sure you get what it is you want. DH

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will have pics later today mounted on a bike. The skins by themselves 3pc are $1,300. bodywork & painted vivid black is $2,100 combined. This lid by itself is $750 painted black $1,200 total. DH

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I'd second Kaz's request. The air box minus the gage relocation would be perfect for the HP junkies.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well they are different thats for sure.

If that airbox could talk it would say "I'm BatMan!".

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, Fiberglass is EXPENSIVE!

:confused: :confused: :confused: I had no idea, let me regroup! Fred ;)

Americancustoms said:
I will have pics later today mounted on a bike. The skins by themselves 3pc are $1,300. bodywork & painted vivid black is $2,100 combined. This lid by itself is $750 painted black $1,200 total. DH

·
2,552 Posts
Americancustoms said:
hey frank HD called today and wants to know your mileage? Apparently they can reset your new gauge if you want? Call me I am having it sent directly to you when it arrives. Send your shipping address again as well.

Sorry about the height it turned out higher then i thought in order to clear everything. However if you wish I can send you a complete set of the first generation then trade you out to the new low profile when its complete at no charge except for the paint. I know you have been waiting a long time and would like to be sure you get what it is you want. DH
DH,

The mileage is 5300.

Send it to:

Frank Storms
15861 SW 151 Terr.
Miami, Fl 33196.

Thanks for your very kind offer on the airbox cover. I am willing to wait for the new generation lower profile air box cover. Please keep me involved with the design of the new lower cover. When do you think you will have it available.

Most Respectfully
Frank

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as like everyone else, the big rush is on for the daytona trip. Everyone is working 12 days to get as much inventory painted and preped as possible. Therefore we wont be able to complete the 2 other airboxes until after march 15 sometime. The bases are done but the gauge molds still have to be designed. DH. Will you still be in Daytona? I'm looking forward to meetinf many of you at the HD Vrod Event.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
skins

fredfryguy said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: I had no idea, let me regroup! Fred ;)
that price included shipping

the first generation runs $995 3 pc set
the gauge box set runs $1,200 a 3 pc set
the spider set runs $1,100 a set

Plus shipping$25 to $125 depending on 2/4 day and location dh

·
2,552 Posts
Americancustoms said:
as like everyone else, the big rush is on for the daytona trip. Everyone is working 12 days to get as much inventory painted and preped as possible. Therefore we wont be able to complete the 2 other airboxes until after march 15 sometime. The bases are done but the gauge molds still have to be designed. DH. Will you still be in Daytona? I'm looking forward to meetinf many of you at the HD Vrod Event.

DH,

I will be there from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. Look forward to meeting as many of the forum as possible.

Frank

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey DH,

what about pricing on painting stock skins like the candy red with the vrod logo you have on the gallery?

Let me know!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts