Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Billy
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up at 4am, promptly crashed my 08 silverado into my girlfriends Durango got both doors and the left rear quarter-panel. Then flew to nashville, TN and bought the Vrod in my avatar, then rode it home 600 miles (3 hrs in pouring rain) on the stock oem seat. I think my but :spank:hurts much worse than my pride over hitting my truck but I have to give moco cudo's for making a seat that sits so bad that you have to buy another. My other vrod had a sundowner and I loved it so I guess i will have to spend, you guessed it, more money! Will the passenger pad in my avatar work with a sundowner seat versus the bigger sundowner pad? I like the looks of the tapered p-pad and of course I won't be sitting on it.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I have the Sundowner front with a stock rear.
It will fit, but it looks a little goofy. There is a step between the pillion and the seat. I won't go back to stock though, the Sundowner's too comfortable. I should never have put it on there.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
I have that setup, I like the look of the front beening a touch taller than the rear. the grap strap evens it out a bit, gives it a mean look I thought :D

·
Billy
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Sundowner front with a stock rear.
It will fit, but it looks a little goofy. There is a step between the pillion and the seat. I won't go back to stock though, the Sundowner's too comfortable. I should never have put it on there.
Thanks, i am going to order a Sundowner from either Chicago HD or surdyke. CHD is 12 bucks cheaper but they have a dumb rule that they must ship to your billing address which I use a PO Box because idiots around here steal mail and they won't ship to me unless I send them a certified check. Kinda sucks but Surdyke has been good to me in the past. Thanks for your response I needed to know.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Yup, have the same config...Sundowner and stock pillion.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I keep saying I am just going to cut down the existing seat and put a gel pad in it. I think the stock seat is uncomfortable because the back has too much of a radius in it and you basically put all your weight on your tailbone. If you just cut some out I think it would be way more comfortable. You may want to try it but you probably need an air stapler to put the cover back on. If you are just going to dump it anyway give it a shot!

-Keith

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
why buy new when there are always some showing up in the classifieds? sundowner beats all when it comes to comfort

1 - 10 of 10 Posts