Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love everything about the bike and have wanted a VRod since the day they were released ... When I saw the NRS, I knew that was my next bike

Like most people waiting for their bike, I have been drooling over pictures and now I am getting nervous ... at 5'7" can I comfortably ride this bike?

Anyone else a similar height ... is it comfortable? I am not the kind of person that tours with their bike, but I do enjoy 3+ hour rides ... doable on this bike for a person like me?

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
There are SEVERAL ways to change the position on the DX. Don't worry about it. You might need to make a mod or two, but not hard to do.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
I am 5'8" and have done nothing to my bike for my height. I have ridden over 300 mile days without incident. And they are a ton of options if something does need to be changed.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'm 5.8(5.9 on a hot day and I expand) and this bike is amazingly comfortable and easy to ride. I just had to get used to cornering a bike heavier than my 300 pound Ducati. You will never ever ever regret this bike...ever

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is comforting ... I am waiting for the day I get the call so I can sell my Suzuki M50 ... was a good bike (for what it is), but I can't wait for the NRS

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm the same heighth and have an '07 DX. I swapped the forward for the mids off an '06 D. I don't know if you'll have the same problem but I felt like i was too far up on the seat, partially sitting on the airbox cover. I like the mids much better but it does give it a little bit of a sport bike feel.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
I'm about 5' 6" and don't have any issues.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
I'm 5'8" with stock bars and pegs and it's perfect. If anything, there are times I feel a little cramped.

Worse case scenario is you put a reach seat on it, or reduced reach brackets on the pegs, and you'll be fine...but you probably won't need it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
5'7" here. I had the sundowner seat recovered and shaved a little of the padding out. No issues at all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
5-7 here. I put on the reach control kit, which moves the foot controls up and back about an inch. I'm surprised at how much better the bike handles corners at really low speeds, plus I can lean it over even further before the foot pegs drag.

·
Aces & Eights
154 Posts
I'm 5' 8" and wear a 30" inseam pant (read shorter legs, longer torso) and had no issues with the bike stock. Added the reduced reach seat and the reduced reach footpegs and experienced an increase in my riding comfort level and moved my right leg a little further away from the heat of the exhaust pipes.

That's not to say the bike wasn't comfortable stock, it was. The bike was just a little *more* comfortable after the mods.

Don't worry, you'll fit it fine.

Regards,
-Ted

2007 VRSCDX Denim

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
I'm a little under 5'6 and sits comfortably with my 03A. The only mistake I can see is if you did not order the bike coz you will never find out what the answer is and will always have that question in your mind. "Life's too short to be ordinary". Dang! Sounds like a commercial....

·
REGUL8
891 Posts
I am 6'4" w/out issue.

Wait...... I am 6'4" w/ my wife on my shoulders w/out issue

·
V-RodPat
216 Posts
My only concern is that the rider footpegs makes reversing it hard, and I am not tall enough to place my feet further out to avoid them.

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
V-RodPat said:
My only concern is that the rider footpegs makes reversing it hard, and I am not tall enough to place my feet further out to avoid them.

I have mids on my D with a 28 inch inseam...I removed the spring in the rider footpegs and simply push the pegs up and out of the way when backing the bike and put them back down to ride.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
He posted this in the DX section so I assume that's what he's asking about. All the replies from people with D's, A's and SE's aren't really relevant since the DX runs drag bars and that's what I think his biggest issue might be. I'm 5'9" and on my A the bars are just about right. In fact, I could stand them back about another inch but it's not enough to consider changing them.

The seat height and peg location shouldn't be a problem but the reduced reach pegs and possibly a swap to the D handle bars would probably make the DX perfect for someone 5'7" tall unless you have 34" or longer sleeves.

So, will you be comfortable out of the box, probably not BUT it's REAL easy to make the bike fit you.

·
Registered
497 Posts
08 Dx

mdc said:
I love everything about the bike and have wanted a VRod since the day they were released ... When I saw the NRS, I knew that was my next bike

Like most people waiting for their bike, I have been drooling over pictures and now I am getting nervous ... at 5'7" can I comfortably ride this bike?

Anyone else a similar height ... is it comfortable? I am not the kind of person that tours with their bike, but I do enjoy 3+ hour rides ... doable on this bike for a person like me?
No mistake here truck on. I'm also waiting for my 08 DX. I have been learning some things about it. Looks like a new beast. And since the SE is out for 08
the DX moves up the food chain. More latter.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm 5'6" installed the reduced reach seat, and reduced reach forward controls and the bike is fine for me, I have a set of bars from an 06 D that I got from Steve, i don't think I'm going to use them, if you think you need them I'll more than glady pass them on to you, the only thing it would cost you would be shiipping.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
In my unbiased opinion ( :cupcake ) , I think the DX is an awesome bike and would not be a mistake!!!! :)

Any issues with comfort you can just mod your way around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts