Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow VRSCR Riders,

I just ordered a new Rinehart 2 into 1 and some passenger floorboards so I can have a nice exhaust system and my wife has some leg room (win-win situation for me). I will be removing my Caliber Exhaust and I am looking forward to the installation next weekend. I understand that I need to do a little bracket modification and I don't mind doing that kind of stuff.

I also ordered a Tiger Racing chain guard. I'll polish it before I install. Next thing I want to do is find some mirrors that I can install on my 06 stock bars in the upside down position and finally a set of Works Performance Shocks.
Wait ... finally never happens when it comes to Mods.

Been having fun doing the mods. Now if I can the lottery or come up with 4 or 5k I'll get some carbon fiber wheels.

One question, should I buy some new HD exhaust gaskets for the Rinehart?

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Congrats, you got the best pipe out there. The bracket modification is not too difficult. As far as gaskets go ,what kind of mileage do you have on your bike? Some will say replace them anyway, but mine was very low mileage at the time so I did not. It doesn't leak so it all worked out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
Congrats, you got the best pipe out there. The bracket modification is not too difficult. As far as gaskets go ,what kind of mileage do you have on your bike? Some will say replace them anyway, but mine was very low mileage at the time so I did not. It doesn't leak so it all worked out.
Streetrodder06, Your numbers are awesome! Topless, SERT, Rineharts, K+N, what is your secret? There must be more to it? Please let us Rookies know...D>

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
finnster said:
Streetrodder06, Your numbers are awesome! Topless, SERT, Rineharts, K+N, what is your secret? There must be more to it? Please let us Rookies know...D>
About 3 hours on a dyno is all. no secrets that I know of.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
About 3 hours on a dyno is all. no secrets that I know of.
....and lots of work! You are awfully humble - you work very hard to get it there, and it shows. On the dyno, and on the track! Joe

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rinehart came in yesterday. I should have it installed and dyno'd within a few weeks. No instructions but I'm sure I can figure it out, let's see sqaure peg goes into round hole, and throw away the extra bolts and re-do because I forgot gaskets. Sounds like fun.

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
upside down bars? pics of that?

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Bgjames111 said:
upside down bars? pics of that?
I think he meant hang the mirrors upside down (careful not to hit the airbox).

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
aschem said:
Paid 495.00 I'll get name when I get back home in a few days
That is the best price I have seen for Reinhart 2-1. Where did you get them?

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Rob's Cycle Supply was selling them for $469 at one time. Shoot him an email and see if he can still beat that price.

[email protected]

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is it Robs cycle for 475.00 plus 20 shipping. Great guy to deal with.
I really like the mid to upper rpm power.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So who's gonna supply the pictures of the Rinehart 2 into 1 bracket adapted to the "R"?

:worthless

1 - 20 of 24 Posts