Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i finally got my bike to a better dyno person ,,,in my opinion it runs ok ,when you give it full throttle its great but when cruising its not the smoothest its been,its going back in a few days for another hour of tuning so could i have some constuctive opinions to help me tell them what i think could help,them do what they need to do and get good value for my hour,,sorry that the maps are side way, hope this doesnt screw with your necks,,lol,the first one just compares my original map to the new one ,and the second is for both the cylinders,,or is it not worth bothering the guys cos this is as good as you could get it,,,,,thanks heaps

·
RICK
648 Posts
It doesn't look too bad, but with the race tuner, you can flatten the air fuel lines out. Depending on you riding characteristics, I would try to get a flat line around 13.5:1 ---Theat would give good horsepower and fair fuel economy. I tune race set ups about 12.8 to one, and regular riders around 14:1. Remember this is only the full throttle af ratio. most riding is done in the lower load tables.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you get a print out at a lower rpm ,say at 4,k to see what th a/f is like,and would it take much work to flatten out the a/f from where it is now

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
IMHO that AFR is a bit erratic. That being said. REMEMBER the best HP sn't always the best seat of the pants tune. Do you run your bike WOT all the time? Then tune for your riding habits.... Read "MID RANGE". The AFR looks all over the place to me.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The truth is that AFR readings ARE erratic, all of the charts you see with flat lines are using smoothing to make it look better. The proof is in the torque curve, if that's relatively smooth then the tune is good. I say these runs look fine and I wouldn't spend a lot of time or money tweaking them considering these are only WOT passes and have little to no effect on the RPMs the motor sees 99% of the time.

Now, show me what the 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 throttle sweeps looks like and we can talk about what needs to be fixed.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
mjw930 said:
The truth is that AFR readings ARE erratic, all of the charts you see with flat lines are using smoothing to make it look better. The proof is in the torque curve, if that's relatively smooth then the tune is good. I say these runs look fine and I wouldn't spend a lot of time or money tweaking them considering these are only WOT passes and have little to no effect on the RPMs the motor sees 99% of the time.

Now, show me what the 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 throttle sweeps looks like and we can talk about what needs to be fixed.
:them:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
The smoothing is set to 5, so is there a different kind of smoothing? Overall, not a bad run.

mjw930 said:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts