Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
Looks sweet..but..........

I find the SE 16G loud enough and assume this baby is louder?

Anyone know better?

And what about heat shields?

Looks good though !

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Dana,

I think the Thuderheader looks good. I like the looks of the D & D 2into1 the best, but NOT for that exorbatant price! Thunderheader has a GREAT track record from what I hear and see. Not to mention, they have a REALLY great sound!

I REALLY love the color of your ride! Man, it just shouts :vrod:

Gary

·
Ride on!
267 Posts
As far as style I think the orginal exhaust, V-modded, is the best looking. The orginal exhaust, disc wheels and the headlight assembly all say "V-Rod". Your paint does look good. And the pipes don't really look bad.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What is the spot where it look like it blue or is oxidzed near the exit end of the pipe?
Is that an add on cone or something?

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Performance? Looks good, but what is the best performance header to date?

Seat of the pants don't count, dyno does...

Pipe alone with air filter upgrade to Screming Eagle (K & N), what pipe gives the most RWHP?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the Rodney...I will let my service manager know you guys love the paint, he of course painted it. The header is extremely loud....in fact...louder than most other bikes with a header. The cone on the end is stock, they call it an anti-reversion cone. The blue/black marks in front of it are exhaust deposits.

P.S. I will post some pics when I get her wet sanded, buffed, emblems on, and generally cleaned up for the summer.

BART

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here are a couple of more pics I just took, one of the reversion cone and one of the heat shields. As far as the heat shields go, the forward ones look great, but the cone portion looked gay as hell, so I didnt put it on.

Later,
BART

Attachments

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
For what it is worth - I would give it a B+, It is an exhaust that I would actually consider - from a looks perspective - which of course is really subjective - I was really disenchanted with their customer service which seemed to treat customers with contempt - and they seemed to have a reputation to reinforce my personal experience - but then again you do not have to marry them - I am curious regarding performance(dyno) and just how loud is it - is it a sharp annoying sound - does it get on your nerves cruising - does it upset the neighbors, riding companioins or the police?
Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bart,
Thanks for clearing up who owns this bike. My inquiry was unclear and apparently misleading. I posted the photo and asked what viewers thought as I am considering the Thunderheader for my '03 Two Tone Anniversary model. The extra photos are great, thanks for those as well. I'm eager see final shots when you've got it all finished. Say...how about a sound clip?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well Kevin....as far as customer service goes....if your not a dealer, they will not talk to you. Rich Products has some great products, they stand behind the functionality of their products, but as far as cosmetics go....forgetaboudditt. I asked them very nicely to give me a hand with the header and Jim Rich himself said he would send me the first one that they had available. He came through, of course our dealership does alot of thunderheaders, in fact, thats all we run as employees. Anyways, as for the noise, she is loud and deep sounding. The cops hate it, I put it on on Monday and had a visit from the local P.D. this afternoon about my "tearing ass" around town and on the frontage road to our dealership, hell they called the owner into the meeting. Let me work on a sound clip for you guys too. Give me a few days.

Later,
BART

·
Registered
51 Posts
Minnesota, normally we dont have much of an issue...but with the new pipe and all I have really been pouring the coals to her! The town I am in has a population of about 60,000 people

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
danafwelch said:
Bart,
Thanks for clearing up who owns this bike. My inquiry was unclear and apparently misleading. I posted the photo and asked what viewers thought as I am considering the Thunderheader for my '03 Two Tone Anniversary model. The extra photos are great, thanks for those as well. I'm eager see final shots when you've got it all finished. Say...how about a sound clip?
Check out the exhaust videos thread, I posted Bart's video and also a sound clip off the video. I drive by audio would be great :)

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I have SE's on my '03 and Supertrapps on my '04 without the end cap on and the ST's sound wayyyy better and I love the look.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you think that thunderheader is the loudest exhaust to date? I'm wanting a vrod but I absolutely hate the stock or even screaming eagle sound. I like the sound of the long slashers (samson), but I don't know if it hurts midrange power like regular vtwins. Do you know?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts