Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 night rod. When I bought it the mufflers had rust on them. Harley said use a wire wheel grind it off and then do a powder coat that will cost $400

Im not sure if it would be best to go that root or buy a new muffler.

Also as a side note does any one have a Muscle rear fender that I could buy? The harley shop says 2015 muscle will fit my night rod.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have used powder coat for mufflers in the past with success, but I paid $100 Canadian for mine. $400 seems crazy. If it were me, I would sand them and hit them with a high heat rattle can. done.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Check out ebay for a set. Hell, most of us throw them away, as hardly anyone wants to buy those. The Muscle and DX are a platform build so yes, parts from one will bolt the the other from 2012 and up but as complete swaps so all adjoining parts match up.
Ron

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't think your seat will fit with the muscle tail.. and I think the same goes for the muscle seat and NRS tank.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would use some quad aught (0000) steel wool to smooth it up and remove most of the rust. Rustoleum makes a paint that neutralizes rust and I think it comes in a high heat version like you can use on a propane grill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.