Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 A model, Anodized Aluminum, 11K Miles $10,500 Is this a good deal or not? My brother needs a bike.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
IMHO, I've seen '06 D's with half the miles for the same price. I'd say it's too high. Is there anything special about it? Aftermarket parts, pipes, etc?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I've seen many bikes with well under 10k miles for that price and lower. But if your brother likes the bike and has the money then go for it. It would be a plus if it's already got some mods that he would be buying in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Seems kinda high, is there any mods? Still unless it has a turbo or some other high $$$ mod, I think it should go for around $9,000. IMHO

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
NightMare said:
IMHO, I've seen '06 D's with half the miles for the same price. I'd say it's too high. Is there anything special about it? Aftermarket parts, pipes, etc?
:them:

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
coinpurse said:
Seems kinda high, is there any mods? Still unless it has a turbo or some other high $$$ mod, I think it should go for around $9,000. IMHO

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
NightMare said:

·
Registered
591 Posts
11K mi. is nothing to be concerned with. If the bike has been maintained well that is LOW mileage on a V-Rod. There are great deals to be had on used V-Rods but if I liked that bike that mileage wouldn't be a deciding factor. It's barely broken-in.

·
That one guy
151 Posts
They are kinda hard to find around here. We sold a stock 03 A for 11,500 and an 02 with bags, seat, and windshield for 12k.

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the response. I thought it was a little high as well. I personally haven't seen the bike, but the only thing my bro said that I thought was odd was it had black solid wheels.

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
<<<<< is not a fan of solid wheels

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
There is nothing better than solid wheels and Anodized Skins (Paint ruined the VRSC line) But Those Black Solid wheels are awful, i have never and hope I never see them on a Anodized bike, I have only seen them on the already awful Orange B models. If He does get the bike make sure the extended warranty is included, Especially on a Used bike so far my warranty has paid for 8k worth of repairs on my 11k bike.

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the bike is actually on a used car lot, so I doubt that there is a warranty. It's probably on consignment. I think I'm going with the NO! Don't get it.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
here is what i will say

if YOU think its worth it.. then pay it..

if you dont keep looking..

but that being said there are several in the classifieds here that are GREAT deals

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Mr. Bell said:
Well, the bike is actually on a used car lot, so I doubt that there is a warranty. It's probably on consignment. I think I'm going with the NO! Don't get it.
I bought mine from a Private Seller, the exsisiting extended warranty if there is one is transferable to the new owner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts