Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I managed to slip on some wet leaves and laid my 03 vrod down in my driveway, and of course it came down on the exhaust. I managed to scrape up the chrome on the upper heatshield pretty good where it dragged a bit before I caught it. I now have a rusty spot there. Not good. The pipes are generally in good shape and I'd like to keep them, but there are a few minor dings here and there so I'd be willing to replace them.

I've got the SE 16 ga Double Barrel which, much like every other part I've managed to damage, is discontinued by Harley. They bear a marked resemblence to Vance and Hines powershots. So much I believe they are in fact V&H pipes rebadged by Harley. My question is twofold. Anyone know where I can find a new heatshield for the upper pipe (section between muffler body and header) and if not if I just replace the pipes with Powershots will I need to remap (running fine as it is with the SE and KN filter). Further, the instruction sheet for the powershots online states I need to use original headers and shields, that IS just the shields on the first section coming off the engine right? I'd hate to buy a whole new set of pipes and discover I need to use the damaged section.

Finally any suggestion what to do to minimize the rusting on the damaged section of chrome until I can get the new shield or pipe? Its ugly and driving me crazy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts