Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new finish CFR is using looks great, way closer to the stock colors, not near as shiny... I'll post pics once I get it installed...

Does anyone know if the "CFR" logo on the heat shield is a sticker or is it painted on? (I want to remove it if possible).

- Bill

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i didnt know they changed the black on it.. cant wait to see pics

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a lot less shiny and a closer black.. I'd say an 8/10 on matching but a 10/10 on looks. They said they "just" changed the coating to a higher temp tolerance.

I couldn't do much running with it tonight in my garage, it's late and the bike is loud.

I did hear some 'knocking' that wasn't there before, guess I need to mess with the fueler. But it sounds great!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
bkervaski said:
It's a lot less shiny and a closer black.. I'd say an 8/10 on matching but a 10/10 on looks. They said they "just" changed the coating to a higher temp tolerance.

I couldn't do much running with it tonight in my garage, it's late and the bike is loud.

I did hear some 'knocking' that wasn't there before, guess I need to mess with the fueler. But it sounds great!
mine has a weird "knocking too" even though my air/fuels were great on the dyno it still bugs me.. might be an exhaust leak, a ton of people have issues with the bottom pipe on the cfr leaking from what i hear...

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Wahoo! Congrats on the CFR pipe! I think the logo is etched on... A sticker could melt.:2cents: My heat shield is an older one and there is no logo to compare.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Wahoo! Congrats on the CFR pipe! I think the logo is etched on... A sticker could melt.:2cents: My heat shield is an older one and there is no logo to compare.
:them: & Congrats! now get some Big City Thunder baffles for it!

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
thumbsupracing said:
:them: & Congrats! now get some Big City Thunder baffles for it!
When you do that get the MAP I tunned for NIGHTMARE :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
mine has a weird "knocking too" even though my air/fuels were great on the dyno it still bugs me.. might be an exhaust leak, a ton of people have issues with the bottom pipe on the cfr leaking from what i hear...
:D I sold you a lemon.. Yup - an exhaust leak most likely. They always make the knocking noise...

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
RODent said:
:D I sold you a lemon.. Yup - an exhaust leak most likely. They always make the knocking noise...
i havent taken much time to mess with it, but I will loosen it up this weekend and try and get it sorted out

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
doesnt sound normal to me... i am hoping it is me being paranoid, but I dont think so... mine is crazy at around 5500rpm's then levels out again up top... it also feels like it has a flat spot in the powerband around there as well.. My dyno charts look good but it still has me questioning it.

I might take it to another shop and buy a single pull on the dyno with a/f to check it out

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
doesnt sound normal to me... i am hoping it is me being paranoid, but I dont think so... mine is crazy at around 5500rpm's then levels out again up top... it also feels like it has a flat spot in the powerband around there as well.. My dyno charts look good but it still has me questioning it.

I might take it to another shop and buy a single pull on the dyno with a/f to check it out
Your dyno chart is probrably a WOT pull, so it will not tell you all that much about where you normally ride the bike.

What are you using for fuel management?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
DTHDOC said:
Your dyno chart is probrably a WOT pull, so it will not tell you all that much about where you normally ride the bike.

but my knocking isnt taking place during partial throttle conditions... it is full throttle that is makes noise

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
bkervaski said:
My 'knocking' is happening just at idle. Under throttle it sounds great.
When I was using the CFR fueler I had the same issue as did many members on the forum, if you lean your setting up a tad it should take care of it.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
but my knocking isnt taking place during partial throttle conditions... it is full throttle that is makes noise

You might need to richen up a little in that range!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
DTHDOC said:

You might need to richen up a little in that range!
running a pcIII... whats weird is I have my dyno charts.. my a/f looks great there! thats what kills me... thats why i thought about strapping it on another dyno and making 1 pull with a/f and get an idea if they were wrong about my numbers.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
running a pcIII... whats weird is I have my dyno charts.. my a/f looks great there! thats what kills me... thats why i thought about strapping it on another dyno and making 1 pull with a/f and get an idea if they were wrong about my numbers.
Do you think you are knocking there?, is it possible that you might be lagging the motor?

I would agree, get another AFR reading first.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
DTHDOC said:
Do you think you are knocking there?, is it possible that you might be lagging the motor?

I would agree, get another AFR reading first.
i dont think I could be lagging it at 5-6k rpms in second gear on a flat surface at full throttle... then into 3rd the same noise, and 4th as well.

i talked to a buddy of mine today after work that used to build motors too, and described the issus and what I feel when it does it. He suggested that I run 2 tanks of 100 octane in the bike. If it helps the noise then I seriously need to take it back to the tuner and have him do something about it because it would prove something is going on with the 93 octane in it. I am sitting on a 1/4 tank now.. i should have it run down tonight to below an 1/8th enough that I can run some 100 and not have much 93. I may not be able to tell on the first tank so I will be running another just to make sure all that 93 has filtered out. Anywho, I can report back on my progress tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts