Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any place online that I can find a parts list for the V-Rod?

I have used online parts lists for Kawasaki, Suzuki and BMW but can not seem to find a site for the HD line

Does anyone know of one? If not I guess the parts book.........

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I dont think there is...I use online part FICHE all the time for my sleds ect ect...but for HD i think they want to sell their parts catalogs....its well worth the money to buy the shop manual and the parts catalog...get them from zanottis for 20% off.

I use mine all the time and they are priceless!

Dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
All of the other manufactures have fiche online, except HD, I guess the profit from the sale of parts books is more important than easy customer access.

I used to be a loyal to HD, BUT SOMETHING HAS CHANGED. It’s not about the bikes anymore; it’s about the “experience”, and how much $ they can suck out of you. I am part of an online survey that HD does each month, 3 out of the 5 questionnaires I did had NOTHING to do with bikes or how to make them better.

I was appalled when I read the post about the guy with the blown engine, due to a bearing failure, and how it was a fight to have HD give him a new engine.

I guess he didn’t buy enough HD Beef Jerky…..

·
"F the F"
1,032 Posts
I had them online from Duacti as well.

This I belive is a conspiracy by HD. They want to hide information from the riders, and keep you un-informed. They want you to have to go to them for information, and feel needed. Plus have to spend money and deal with some dumb ass at a parts counter that usually orders the wrong shit anyway.
Parts lists and Service Manuals should be availible online for F'n Free!

Buy your own maunal and cut out the need for the parts guy!

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I had them online from Duacti as well.

This I belive is a conspiracy by HD. They want to hide information from the riders, and keep you un-informed. They want you to have to go to them for information, and feel needed. Plus have to spend money and deal with some dumb ass at a parts counter that usually orders the wrong shit anyway.
Parts lists and Service Manuals should be availible online for F'n Free!

Buy your own maunal and cut out the need for the parts guy!
They're trying to suck you into an expensive "leisure experience" in which they sell you a base bike, and then flog you a load of clothing and other tat, which the dealer flogs you at a ludicrous profit, fitting the bits for another barrow load of dollars.

To be honest, I find it hard to get angry about this - they're not making a secret of it: riding Harleys is not intended as a means of transport, but a very expensive lifestyle choice. Feck 'em, I'm using it as transport, as I suspect are many of you, and we just have to fight our way through all this BS (lousy dealers, stupid faults, expensive parts, hidden information) somehow.

On which note, if anyone DOES fine a bootleg parts list, please PM me. I'm normally fairly touchy about copyright issues, but when it comes to Harley and their naked determination to screw every last cent out of me, I couldn't care less.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep Bikebandit has exploded views of all the bikes,can choose the year and model,just dont think it has the actual HD part numbers,but still its a great start.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Rivan is correct. Bikebandit does have great parts list and exploded views, but the part numbers are theirs and do not cross w/HD part numbers in any way shape or form

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
jlavalee, it's an excellent tool for pictures of the order the parts are assembled, or to identify the part name, but the part numbers are bike bandits', not H-D. Still can be very helpful without the parts manual.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Actually guys it will cross with an HD number but not to an HD number. So if you have an HD part number but you're not sure if it is correct, you can type it in and it will cross to the Bike Bandit number just not the other way around. It's a step in the right direction.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
BEWARE:The HD parts catalogue may have incorrect numbers from time to time.

·
a black one.
388 Posts
I live in the UK and I have had a load of partsoff e-bay-(UK) just go onto the Harley parts section under V-Rod, you will find, all sorts of stuff in there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
All of the other manufactures have fiche online, except HD, I guess the profit from the sale of parts books is more important than easy customer access.

I used to be a loyal to HD, BUT SOMETHING HAS CHANGED. It’s not about the bikes anymore; it’s about the “experience”, and how much $ they can suck out of you. I am part of an online survey that HD does each month, 3 out of the 5 questionnaires I did had NOTHING to do with bikes or how to make them better.

I was appalled when I read the post about the guy with the blown engine, due to a bearing failure, and how it was a fight to have HD give him a new engine.

I guess he didn’t buy enough HD Beef Jerky…..

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts