Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that I am seeing, and maybe it is my computer, is that the "new post" yellow check mark does not reset when I refresh or leave and come back to the forum.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Your right MR_KING I am looking into it. The cookie is working, you will notice the inside folders operate normal but the main icons don't seem to change unless you mark all threads read at the bottom.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
OK MR_KING I also found the answer to some people not getting mail. Since the new server has not propogated at this time it sends mail as localhoast.localdomain and it seems that some mail carriers deny mail with this information. I hope this is fixed when the name change takes place this week with network solutions. Anyone that signe up and does not get the e-mail please e-mail me direct at [email protected] and I will get you activated.

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Update on the mail server. I was able to set a mask on the server that should make it look like the v-rodforum server when mail arrives to those servers that deny mail from localhost.localdomain. This I hope will patch the issue until network solutions makes the change.

And MR_KING I do appreciate the information. Had you not PMed me about the mail I would not have caught the fact that I had a dead mail file growing on the server.

Max

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just trying to help out there. Thanks for the hard work for all of us!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Max said:
Your right MR_KING I am looking into it. The cookie is working, you will notice the inside folders operate normal but the main icons don't seem to change unless you mark all threads read at the bottom.

Max
Sometimes if I leave for a long time, when I come back it has reset. If I just stay connected and surf the internet and come back, they are still checked yellow.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
MR_KING it has something to do with the cookie structure. I have it on my list of things to do. I have been working on finding and plugging holes to the FTP and my server control panel. I need to do a search on the vBulletin site and see if they might have an update for the cookie first.

Max

1 - 7 of 7 Posts