Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my 1500 mile new tranny oil change this weekend (I did one at 500 too) but will be doing a top engine clean with the GM top cleaner before I do so. Do I need to swap out my spark plugs also? I hope not I hate the front cylinder plug.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
I wouldn't, but I'm interested to hear what others would say.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
i wouldnt unless they need to be replaced anyway

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
leave them in...but you can check them if you wnt.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent it will be an event all that smoke barreling out my tailpipes.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
o god not the whole thing. i used about a 1/4 can.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Spray slowly, give her throttle while spraying. You DO NOT want to use too much at a time to avoid vapor lock. She will be kicking smoke early and slowly end up with nothing left to burn off.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah so the smoke is the result of the decaying and dissolving filth and not the spray itself? Makes sense.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Ah so the smoke is the result of the decaying and dissolving filth and not the spray itself? Makes sense.

Not all the smoke is the debris.The chemical smokes pretty thick itself.
I can get about 3 cleanings out of a big can on V-Rods that have been kept up.Sometimes I don't need much at all on my own.I do this every oil change.

The label on the latest cans reads that it is carb cleaner.My brother gets mine for me from the Caddy dealer and tells me the new cans that have carb cleaner on them is the original formula that always worked the best.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not all the smoke is the debris.The chemical smokes pretty thick itself.
I can get about 3 cleanings out of a big can on V-Rods that have been kept up.Sometimes I don't need much at all on my own.I do this every oil change.

The label on the latest cans reads that it is carb cleaner.My brother gets mine for me from the Caddy dealer and tells me the new cans that have carb cleaner on them is the original formula that always worked the best.
Ah so no more scouring the internet looking for the GM Specific Top Engine aerosal I have now?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Maybe not.
This is what we are getting from GM dealers in Fla.Even though it says carb cleaner,it is the same chemical as the Top engine cleaner.5 oz's less than the can you have.

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe not.
This is what we are getting from GM dealers in Fla.Even though it says carb cleaner,it is the same chemical as the Top engine cleaner.5 oz's less than the can you have.
Found it, $6 a can and free shipping. Now I can try and figure where to spray it in my Benz since its available again.

·
GIT UR DONE...later
990 Posts
What is being cleaned here, the injectors?

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
How often do you change plugs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts