Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
very cool Rapidone!!! looks good. still waiting on Fitzgerald to get back with me on the internal side of things lol. doesn't seem to reply to emails. I will probably need to break down and call him in the upcoming weeks. My bonus is coming in 2 weeks so need a gamplan so i can spend it all hahaha

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good Dyno

Nice...I had mine dyno tuned at Trask in Phoenix while they were doing the installation of a turbo on my FLHX with a 120R motor. At 8.0 lbs. boost I got 165 RWHP & 115 RWTQ which seems to be pretty consistent with what everyone else gets. There are a few variables which can dictate what the same bike might get on any particular day on the same dyno. I'm not into dyno pissing matches. Nuff said about that. You've got good rock solid reliable HP & TQ from the best and fastest motorcyle that H-D has ever built and sold and you can take this bike anywhere and back and it won't let you down.....

·
Registered
441 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get that 60 ft down and you will get closer to the 11's in the quarter (your time converted to 1/4 mile time is about 12.4).

Also I'd check your higher load AFR's and IDC's. Make SURE you aren't going lean or running out of injector.

Pull your plugs yet? Look for detonation signs. I haven't seen anyone post what their plugs look after a drag run or two with the Trask kit. I'm concerned they are too aggressive in the timing table.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get that 60 ft down and you will get closer to the 11's in the quarter (your time converted to 1/4 mile time is about 12.4).

Also I'd check your higher load AFR's and IDC's. Make SURE you aren't going lean or running out of injector.

Pull your plugs yet? Look for detonation signs. I haven't seen anyone post what their plugs look after a drag run or two with the Trask kit. I'm concerned they are too aggressive in the timing table.

Done all that, all looks good. Not bad time for an old mans (69) first time on the drag strip.
Will be there more, sure I’ll get better with practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Hawk
3,754 Posts
When I was running a turbo on my 2003, I had the best runs when I ran the rear tire at 19 or 20#, set the rear shocks really stiff, do a good burn out, work your launch rpm to keep tire spin to a minimum. Start at around 4000 rpm until you get used to it then move up incrementally to around 7000 rpm. My best run was 10.52 at 132 mph when running that way. Won the points championship the year I ran the turbo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Was running my shocks soft to transfer to rear tire. dropping pressure didn't seem to make any difference. Was leaving at 7000, dumping clutch, minimal tire spin. My MPH was in the 125 to 127 range, but I couldn't get a 60" better than 1.9. Bike weight wet is about 585 lbs, I'm a little over 200. I'm riding an R model, they were slower in the 1/4 than any other model, could never pin down the reason for that either.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts