Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't really know how....

Went for a ride with my buddy. Stopped for coffee and cakes. The car park was very gravely. Rode out the car park and onto the road. Started to accelerate on the good surface and the next thing is I am bouncing and sliding down the road. Thank goodness for the FULL FACED Shoei Rade. The inside of my lip is cut from my teeth. The chin bar and visor impacted straight into the road. I am ok with minor cuts and bruises. The gorgeous bike...

top, bottom silencers and front section road rash
tank dented from bent bars, and also a scrape
front fender road rash
from fork right now weeping oil - may be bent
bars bent
RHS control assy (the hyd res and brake lever) scraped
brake leaver scraped
RHS mirror scraped
Sport screen smashed
HD heater grip RHS damaged
LED tail light now flickering
top of RHS fork chrome road rash

f&ck f&ck f&ck........

At least

a. I am ok
b. Fully comp insured with HD Ins services guaranteed value £8500 (incl accessories) 6 years NCD Protected.
c. Kit insurance is included (HD skull jacket road rash, helmet buggered, draggin jeans damaged, boots road rash, gloves road rash.

Kev

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Gravel in your tire cause you to spin and lose it or did you get hit? Glad you're ok though! Sorry to hear about your bike. :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks buddy. Nobody else involved so totally my fault I'm afraid.

Its just a bike.

I am ok. Christ I ache on my knees and wrist. Hope they pay up :broke:

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about that. Glad your ok. The bike repairs easier than your body. Jim

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
glad you were able to limp away Admiral.. Pulling out of gravel parking areas is the worst. With every moto & auto that leaves, they extend the distance the gravel goes out onto the good roadway. Sorry for your pain & luck. Hot tub, beer, ibuprofen, & a shot of whiskey for the pain and soreness. Or... see a chiropractor today or tomorrow. Otherwise you'll be sore for a good week or two, unless you're 20 years old.

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
it sucks but anytime you can walk away is good

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm fit as I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. What really hurts is that I won't be able to go for a couple of days lol...

Very lucky. Thanks guys.

I've just realised that my Gremlin bell was only attached about 4 weeks ago, first I have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Glad your still able to post, sorry about your bike.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Arse - still , it's only metal and can be repaired easily unlike flesh and bone.
Good to hear you're OK.

Steve

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
The main thing is you walked away, the bike can always be repaired... Going thru the same thing myself, bike totaled... Take care...

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Glad you are still here to post!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Don't really know how....

Went for a ride with my buddy. Stopped for coffee and cakes. The car park was very gravely. Rode out the car park and onto the road. Started to accelerate on the good surface and the next thing is I am bouncing and sliding down the road. Thank goodness for the FULL FACED Shoei Rade. The inside of my lip is cut from my teeth. The chin bar and visor impacted straight into the road. I am ok with minor cuts and bruises. The gorgeous bike...

top, bottom silencers and front section road rash
tank dented from bent bars, and also a scrape
front fender road rash
from fork right now weeping oil - may be bent
bars bent
RHS control assy (the hyd res and brake lever) scraped
brake leaver scraped
RHS mirror scraped
Sport screen smashed
HD heater grip RHS damaged
LED tail light now flickering
top of RHS fork chrome road rash

f&ck f&ck f&ck........

At least

a. I am ok
b. Fully comp insured with HD Ins services guaranteed value £8500 (incl accessories) 6 years NCD Protected.
c. Kit insurance is included (HD skull jacket road rash, helmet buggered, draggin jeans damaged, boots road rash, gloves road rash.

Kev
All for coffee and cakes?!?!?!

·
boo
5,211 Posts
having just done this too - my condolences. it does suck. and the downtime from riding hurts too. stock up on advil

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hoping you and your bike are back on the road very soon.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
get well!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts