Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lost Cause
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 3 months of waiting, the dealer called...
My bike is there, final assembly... 1 or 2 more days!

Im so excited.

and $1800 in taxes and dealer fees they never told me about :banghead:

BUT IS ALMOST HERE!!!!

just thought you would like to know

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Anticipation......is........killing.........you!:D

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Refuse to pay the dealer fees. They are nothing but added profit for the dealership and they can be waived.

It wasn't part of the original deal, they just add them on at signing because they feel that you won't walk out after going through so much already. If you refuse to pay them and walk out, they'll call you back. Dealerships won't allow a ready customer to walk away.

It may take you an hour to talk them out of it, but you'll be making $250/hr (or whatever) for winning.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
After almost 3 months of waiting, the dealer called...
My bike is there, final assembly... 1 or 2 more days!

Im so excited.

and $1800 in taxes and dealer fees they never told me about :banghead:

BUT IS ALMOST HERE!!!!

just thought you would like to know
Final assembly???? Checking the fluids and prop up the handle bars? Yeah that would be considered finally assembly for those guys.

But congrats on your purchase, you are gonna like it!

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
hope your local stealer is upto his job..............

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Refuse to pay the dealer fees. They are nothing but added profit for the dealership and they can be waived.

It wasn't part of the original deal, they just add them on at signing because they feel that you won't walk out after going through so much already. If you refuse to pay them and walk out, they'll call you back. Dealerships won't allow a ready customer to walk away.

It may take you an hour to talk them out of it, but you'll be making $250/hr (or whatever) for winning.
:them:

Won't cost you anything to try. Either that or ask for something of the equivalent value that you want. Jacket / helmet?

·
Noel
4,612 Posts
While your at it dont pay the taxes either, did they tell you about them????? Congrates!
Careful......If the P&S had something along the lines of "taxes included" or "We'll pay the taxes" it might work.

I actually experienced this scenario many years ago, the green salesman wrote on the P&S that the sales taxes would be included, we dickered a bit more then I signed.

Came back the next day to hand off my trade-in for the new car, I was presented with a lame story about needing to come up with additional funds to cover the registry run they had completed that morning transferring my Tags from the old to new car, as it is they fronted the cash to pay the RMV the sales tax clearly shown on the REGISTRATION.

NO GO, I said, heres the original customer copy of the P&S with the terms states, they said the Sales man ~made a mistake~, I said I do not care how you fix the issue but I'm not paying an addition dime for this car.

They reworked the invoice to include a dealer credit for the net balance, essentially it came out of their pocket just as I excepted it should have!

If the salesman had not made the off the cuff pledge on the P&S, I would have paid the taxes, anticipating that the settlement sheet would have listed all the itemizations including the net sales tax due after trade-allowances.

It's possible he could use this argument :deal: But technically he will be paying the taxes, it's just a matter of how the dealer records the transaction on their books.

All this is assuming the dealer collects the sales tax at point of sale (as they do in MASS & RI)

·
Registered
379 Posts
:banghead::banghead: Ohhh you bastard!!! High of 69f, that means you can go riding and all I can do is ride my stupid snowmobile!! Haha, have fun man!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride. Now, if you know what's good for, log off this forum and never ever return.......or the site will grab every dollar you have!

But seriously, have fun with it.

·
Lost Cause
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
log off this forum and never ever return.......or the site will grab every dollar you have!
Too late...
Pipes, brackets, and a laundry list of other wants.
man that was fast.:D

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Too late...
Pipes, brackets, and a laundry list of other wants.
man that was fast.:D
Congrats on your new ride!!! Enjoy, keep those knees in the breeze and carry a big stick cause your gunna need one to keep all the lovely ladies from wanting a ride :)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts