Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so here is the dealio. i have a 05A that i am doing a 240 swap on.. i bought a set of xtreme machine wheels for a 06 screaming eagle.. i also purchased the thin belt, the 06 screaming eagle rear wheel spacers, and a 26 tooth offset pulley from fitzgerald.. so in theory should this whole thing mount up right? i notched the swing arm, and the wheels are supposed to be a factory fit.. so... you experts out there, gimme some opinions... please and thank you

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
:popcorn

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

someone wanna grab me a soda?

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
move over :popcorn

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

this thread may go down as the most popcorn ever eaten in a thread thread..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
what rear pulley you running? cush drive and comp bowl? should be a cake walk if you gutted your rear fender right and set your belt tension up good the first time and square up the wheel. I ran a 07 pulley on mine i am still looking for the right skinny pulley for it so it looks right....

from belt side to brake side on my 2003

06 screaming eagle belt I used 149tooth (front pulley is 28 tooth)
07 skinny pulley (you can use the 06SE pulley also, or chop your stock pulley down to 22mm)
03 spacer
03 compensator bowl

07 8inch wheel with metz 240/40,18

03 spacer
03 brake caliper
03 brake rotor

Now if you dont plan to change to the front pulley to 28tooth and yours is still the stock 30tooth then run the 06 SE 150tooth belt. I use the 149tooth because i have changed the pulley.

The axle i used my 03 axle. you need to use a skinny belt gaurd (im using a tiger racing one) I believe the 06 screaming eagle works perfect. you need to cut the inside of your rear fender support up and the brake tab. and remove the mud/ rock gaurd in front of the tank. Also cut the first 2 nuts off your plate holder bracket and trim that up so it doesnt rub.

Really this is a easy swap my issues were lining up the rear wheel so i damaged my belt in the first 200km but i have a thread on it on this site. If you line the belt up and set the tension correct the first time you wont run into my problems lol...

Neil

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pulley is a cush drive that untilizes your stock spacer.. it is "supposed to be a direct drop in for a 06.. i did have one small issue.. the pulley he sent was a wide pulley, but i sent it back and they are supposed to machine it to the right width.. i figured the speedo will be off, that post (questioning the fix) will come later..

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
should bolt right up, your swingarm has the same deminsions as the 06

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh.. for the record.. i will be running a after market rear fender.. clearance will not be a issue.. i am mainly worried about spacing

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Which fender are you running? and who is doing your pulley machining? I have the 07 pulley and its to thick would like a nicer looking one for it...

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the fender will be a new custom fender that i am having made, and xtreme machine is machining the pulley.. it was their mistake so they are taking care of it. it was suppose to be a narrow pulley to start with

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Sounds good to me,but ya never know until it's all crammed in there and rolling down the road.
Why do you guys notch the swingarm when you run the thin pulley?

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
My only concern is the rear wheel. I know you say direct replacement but every aftermarket wheel I have used is a 8.5" versus the H-D 8" so you may run into an issue with the spacers. I know on mine we had to make spacers because of the 1/2" difference in wheel size.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Spacers will be the question in my mind. The 06 SE uses two thin spacers on each side, both are the same width.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don’t see an 18x8 wheel on the xtreme machine price list. If it is the 8.5” wheel, then you will need to address the spacers. Not sure you need the front pulley to be offset. You will need to use a narrow pulley in the rear and it sounds like you’ve got that covered. Please do post pictures of your wheels and the finished install.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is a 8.5 wheel. We'll see I guess. Waiting on my pulley at the moment.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts