Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accordig to Lux the R is not a V Rod because it is named Street Rod. Then by that theory the only V Rods are the A, AW, and B models.

Logic behind theory

R = Street Rod
D = Nite Rod
DX = Nite Rod Special
F = Muscle
X= Destroyer

Is this a fair assumption?

Am I missing anything?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Yes and Yes!:stilpoke:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Nope, thats it. HD is Lazy and Lumps things together. The Only thing I see that Is questionable is that the DX is a B model with Upgrades. They are So Lazy that They Called it The Night Rod Special which Confused many simply because the Night Rod wasn't a Forward controlled bike nor did it have the Rake etc... that B model did but the DX does.They are all Revo POwered Motorcycles though. And for all You CArd Caring Company Men (AKA Lunkheads who cannot Comprehend 3rd grade English) Yes they are All Harley Davidsons. Mine is in the shop still now 5 weeks, if that aint a Harley I dont know what is.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Nope, thats it. HD is Lazy and Lumps things together. The Only thing I see that Is questionable is that the DX is a B model with Upgrades. They are So Lazy that They Called it The Night Rod Special which Confused many simply because the Night Rod wasn't a Forward controlled bike nor did it have the Rake etc... that B model did but the DX does.They are all Revo POwered Motorcycles though. And for all You CArd Caring Company Men (AKA Lunkheads who cannot Comprehend 3rd grade English) Yes they are All Harley Davidsons. Mine is in the shop still now 5 weeks, if that aint a Harley I dont know what is.
Five weeks in the shop? Sounds like a Ducati to me. :stilpoke:

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I call mine a V-Rod. But you fockers can it Shirley for all I care.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Accordig to Lux the R is not a V Rod because it is named Street Rod. Then by that theory the only V Rods are the A, AW, and B models.

Logic behind theory

R = Street Rod
D = Nite Rod
DX = Nite Rod Special
F = Muscle
X= Destroyer

Am I missing anything?
ASSumption being key here! :D

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I call mine a V-Rod. But you fockers can it Shirley for all I care.
Ain't they all?
I never say "night rod" when asked. It's a V-Rod.
I've never seen a bike with such identity problems before this. It ain't a Harley, it ain't a V-Rod, it's a Buell, a Porsche, a Cosworth...... .......:banghead:

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Don't Forget the Eagles!

Logic behind theory

R = Street Rod
D = Nite Rod
DX = Nite Rod Special
F = Muscle
X= Destroyer

Am I missing anything?
Duh...yeah!

You're missing the SE and the SE2- The Screamin Eagle V-Rods!!!

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts

Logic behind theory

R = Street Rod
D = Nite Rod
DX = Nite Rod Special
F = Muscle
X= Destroyer

Am I missing anything?
There is a VRSCX which is a "A" like model built in 2007 1400 units only. Special paint, engine, wide tire, etc.

The Destroyer is "VRXSE"

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Ain't they all?
I never say "night rod" when asked. It's a V-Rod.
I've never seen a bike with such identity problems before this. It ain't a Harley, it ain't a V-Rod, it's a Buell, a Porsche, a Cosworth...... .......:banghead:
So if you had an F-150 or 3500 or a corvette or a mustang and someone asked what truck or car you drove, you'd say "Ford" or "Chevy" Might as well just call your V-Rod a harley:stilpoke:

How is this a conversation?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts

Logic behind theory

R = Street Rod
D = Nite Rod
DX = Nite Rod Special
F = Muscle
X= Destroyer

Am I missing anything?
There are 9 VRSC models for the street and 1 VRXSE model for non street.

The Destroyer is not an X.I've not seen where people use the last letter to describe the Destroyer.
The X model is a limited numbered edition,and is made for licensed street riding.There is a certificate of title issued for the X.
The Destroyer is an off road drag bike,and doesn't not have a certificate of title.You get a bill of sale.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not to stir the fire, but obviously the F would be considered a V-Rod by name since it's called a V-Rod Muscle, so I think you forgot that one. Personally I don't care what anyone calls my bike as long as they don't disrespect it. :)

·
Registered abUser
299 Posts
Go do a google search on "vrod muscle" and see what the first link is, and what company that link points to.

I disagree with everything about this thread. All those bikes are VRods as much as the long line of cars known as 'Mustang' going back decades are actually mustangs.
You can argue till you're blue in the face and balls that only a couple of them are mustangs but you would be wrong. The company that makes them decides what model they are - not you or me.

The only problem I have with Harley naming these bikes is the teenage pubescent boy naming of some such as muscle, destroyer, night-rod, etc...
I just call mine a Harley VRod. If people are in the know enough to know about the different models and they are curious I tell them it's a VRSCF. If pushed on this I have to admit though I hate to, that Harley calls this model the 'vrod muscle'

·
prostreet challenger
41 Posts
as we are all the odd balls according to the airheads lets stick together they are all revo
motored bikes regardless of the color or the foot peg locale

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
as we are all the odd balls according to the airheads lets stick together they are all revo
motored bikes regardless of the color or the foot peg locale
Hell Ya!

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Wow people must be really really bored to have this discussion. I refer to mine as a V-Rod and Night Rod Special and VRSCDX for those that actually understand what I am saying.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts