Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs. prevoius year(s)?? thanks.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Color options and Michelin tires rather than Dunlop tires.

That's all I'm personally aware of.
that is all I know of as well-so far. when did the 1250 revolution arrive on the scene, and what was the diff between the 1250 and its predecessor?

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
that is all I know of as well-so far. when did the 1250 revolution arrive on the scene, and what was the diff between the 1250 and its predecessor?
2005 SE V-Rod was the first production 1250cc V-Rod.

The difference between that and the 1130cc is negligible, especially now that most of the models come with 240mm rear tires and the extra HP robbing weight that they carry.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
2005 SE V-Rod was the first production 1250cc V-Rod.

The difference between that and the 1130cc is negligible, especially now that most of the models come with 240mm rear tires and the extra HP robbing weight that they carry.
I have seen the numbers from dyno sheets on this and they are lower with the 240 rear.Strange thing is,I can make my 1250 powered V-Rod w a 260 rear turn a quicker ET than the 1130 powered one when it ran a 200.
Maybe it's the front sprocket ratio and the extra 6 hp difference?

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I have seen the numbers from dyno sheets on this and they are lower with the 240 rear.Strange thing is,I can make my 1250 powered V-Rod w a 260 rear turn a quicker ET than the 1130 powered one when it ran a 200.
Maybe it's the front sprocket ratio and the extra 6 hp difference?
Elrod, I put a 240 kit from Hogpro along with a 8.5" rear wheel on my 04 turbo B model a while back, it lost 10HP on the dyno with the extra weight.

With the 180 I could spin the back wheel off of it all day long, with the 240 it'll still spin just not as much. Maybe larger contact area as well?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Elrod, I put a 240 kit from Hogpro along with a 8.5" rear wheel on my 04 turbo B model a while back, it lost 10HP on the dyno with the extra weight.

With the 180 I could spin the back wheel off of it all day long, with the 240 it'll still spin just not as much. Maybe larger contact area as well?
10HP? Wow, seems a bit much but keep in mind dynos are different as are conditions on different days.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
10HP? Wow, seems a bit much but keep in mind dynos are different as are conditions on different days.
The bike was dyno'd before and after each install. I've done 3 now and they lost 10 HP going with a 240 or 260 rear set up.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
I took a similar hit with mine. I have a very heavy 8.5 inch wide wheel.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Amen...........

Seen 3 new 11s and note to HD, not everyone likes Denim Black. Just sayin.
Meaning no disrespect to anyone that has a Denim bike but I just don't get it. They remind me of the Delorean (spelling, who cares) stainless steal bodied cars. One finger or hand print and you have to wash the entire machine. I really don't get the flat black line though. Maybe I'm just getting old and like to wax my bikes and cars to much.
Ed

·
Registered
221 Posts
To answer the post........

From what I've seen, about three grand less and nicer tires.
Ed

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Meaning no disrespect to anyone that has a Denim bike but I just don't get it. They remind me of the Delorean (spelling, who cares) stainless steal bodied cars. One finger or hand print and you have to wash the entire machine. I really don't get the flat black line though. Maybe I'm just getting old and like to wax my bikes and cars to much.
Ed
The Iron is denim and its Not that Delicate. I love it personally, 1 bike has No Paint and the other has Paint you dont need to do anything to other than wipe it off.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm pretty sure that all the 11's come with cats...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts