Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going to Tilley's for my 10,000-mile service soon, and I will be taking my new chromed fork legs with me for them to install. So I may as well do the springs and SE oil.

Do they have them (doubt it)? Who does?

thanky

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
You can also order through race-tech, I really like there front ends with emulator in it.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I've got the stock length Prog fork springs. It was a cheap mod and has virtually eliminated all front end dive in all but the most severe front braking. It's also fun to watch the shadow of the wheel going crazy but not feeling a thing!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K...details on how I get the stuff I need. I'm not only not a gearhead, I'm not very motorcycle-saavy. LOL

·
Registered
119 Posts
NightMare said:
I've got the stock length Prog fork springs. It was a cheap mod and has virtually eliminated all front end dive in all but the most severe front braking. It's also fun to watch the shadow of the wheel going crazy but not feeling a thing!
Hey Nightmare what oil did you use? I put in the heavy duty as per others recommendations and my ride is probably a bit to firm. We also have a lot of crap roads!

cheers

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I got my front springs from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse for $68.01 (incl ship) p/n 77-1121. I had my local HD do the swap when she was in for her 10K service.

I had them put the SE heavy fork oil in too. We have crap roads here to, but I like the way it feels now as opposed to the squishy-ness of the stock set up.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
NightMare said:
One of my favorite mods I've done. Great bang for the buck. I used the SE Oil too.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Nate552 said:
One of my favorite mods I've done. Great bang for the buck. I used the SE Oil too.
:them:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
mega.. the progressive are great springs, i have them. However if you can spend the little extra $$$ get the racetechs with the cartridge emulators.. the forks will work similar to a sportbike fork with the eunmlators installed. They are over twice the price of the progressives but great none-the-less.

PS. let me know when your gonna be down there, i will make a trip up there that day and maybe we can hang out a little.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
If you open up the forks for the oil, why not drop the progressive springs in at the same time? One of the best mods you'll ever do, guaranteed.

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
FYI... if you are thinking you have to go to the dealer for your 10K due to teh Valve Lash check, there is a service bulletin from the MoCo that says you can delay the Valve Lash check to 15K on all models!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I skipped the 5000 mile service, so I think I need to have the bike looked at before the pixy dust escapes.

Venom...I'll be calling Tilley's for my appt. tomorrow.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
MegaZ said:
I skipped the 5000 mile service, so I think I need to have the bike looked at before the pixy dust escapes.

Venom...I'll be calling Tilley's for my appt. tomorrow.
just let me know.. if your gonna be there on a weekend I willmost likely be able to meet up with you for a little bit.. i dont mind riding 45 minutes to meet another vrod guy! I can keep you company for a little bit while they do the forks at least!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm....the Progressive site says the part number is 11-1525.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
the one I bought from MAW said PROG FORK LOWERING KIT #101565

maybe the stock replacement spring is the 11-1525

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered from Cruiser Customizing and it ships Tuesday, so I'll make my appt. later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts