Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install a Oil Pressure gauge on their bikes? I have one on my bike that HAs Never been hooked up due to how much it takes to get in installed. Well the Motor is OUT and upside down right now getting the tranny installed so this would be a good time to do it. Is it worth it? Is there More danger of Failure by doing it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
I dunno Lux. I installed the coolant version of this gauge like what you have. It has not ever been accurate and lately it has been acting up. I noticed my fans came on recently and I glanced at my soup can coolant gauge and it read 100°.
When I got home I removed the hose clamp and uninstalled the line from the coolant bleeder valve and trashed the thing.

Quality control is not on that firms high priority agenda.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the gauges are just Pep Boys SunPro gauges, He just made the holder for them on the bike.
I understand the Temp is off because the line is so long and Not insulated but the Oil line seems pretty straight forward.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,147 Posts
If you look at my avatar, one gauge is oil pressure and the other is water temp.

For the oil pressure, I took out the stock oil sender unit and installed some copper plumbing to raise up the plumbing so I could have easy access to the new gauge supplied sender. This gauge is accurate IMHO so I like it. It is digital LED so takes little power.

If it were me, I'd say do it. Maybe have them do what I did and install some plumbing to raise up the sender so you can access it if it or the gauge goes bad. If you want a pic I can take one and attach.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look at my avatar, one gauge is oil pressure and the other is water temp.

For the oil pressure, I took out the stock oil sender unit and installed some copper plumbing to raise up the plumbing so I could have easy access to the new gauge supplied sender. This gauge is accurate IMHO so I like it. It is digital LED so takes little power.

If it were me, I'd say do it. Maybe have them do what I did and install some plumbing to raise up the sender so you can access it if it or the gauge goes bad. If you want a pic I can take one and attach.
that would be great, my biggest concern is it goes BAd etc.. and than I have to pay $100's to get it out of there.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I would like to see a couple of pics. Lux where did you get the mounting kit for it??

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to see a couple of pics. Lux where did you get the mounting kit for it??
The whole thing came as a Package for $89 off Ebay, the guys Email is Thomas Eolide <[email protected]>
I did a search and it doesnt seem that He is selling any rigt now, you might want to email him direct to see if He has them still.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,147 Posts
Here are the pics. You can see the copper tube I used to make it so I can access the sender easily.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Not hard to do. If it messes up, it comes off easy. Worst case - it leaks a little - but you just tighten it up. Much better than a light that tells you after the fact you have a bad engine problem! Hook it up! Hey - better idea -
I'll hook it up for you at Homecomming, in KC, on 9-12. Swing by! Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts