Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
*cough,cough, SEARCH, cough, cough*

- Amsoil EaAM43701 high-flow nanofilter air filter (use it forever with no oiling)
- Amsoil EaOM136C nanofilter oil filter
- Amsoil 20W-50 synthetic motorcycle oil (4.97 qts)

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
Personally? I really like how the VRSC runs on the Amsoil-- I've run it on an A, an R an F and an XL1200N with great results.

The oil filter and oil are easy to get-- the air filter isn't in production anymore, so your only bet there is new old stock or maybe somewhere like eBay (I picked up a spare there last year for hardly anything). I like that filter better than the other options because it's more or less a "forever" filter; if it gets dirty, you just gently blow it out with compressed air--- no oiling or any of that buffoonery.

Oh-- the oil filter only comes in chrome. Go figure. But, you can't see it anyway so it makes no difference whatsoever.

R.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
High up front cost, payback all along, and on the back end !

Agree with FlyBigjet but bust out some cash if you want the BEST - it's Amsoil 20/50 V Twin oil and a K&P Engineering Billet inspectable, cleanable, reuseable oil filter with 35 Micron super high flow on startup performance. Never buy another throw away oil filter. See what your engine is doing in real time. Air filter ? Buy a good one, ride it till its dirty, throw it away like your home A/C filter. Repeat. We are talking spilled beer money here. Don't be a cheap a$$, the REVO engine deserves it. :blahblah: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.