Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that im having excess oil make it's way through the the airbox somehow. Is anyone else experiencing this proble?? somebody help. :soapbox:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Every v-rod I have seen so far has a small amount of oil in the airbox, it uses no pcv system and vents crank case gases to the throttle bodies and that in turn allows a small amount of oil to get to the intake. I would consider this normal and see it on most all engines that vent using this method.

Max

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max said:
Every v-rod I have seen so far has a small amount of oil in the airbox, it uses no pcv system and vents crank case gases to the throttle bodies and that in turn allows a small amount of oil to get to the intake. I would consider this normal and see it on most all engines that vent using this method.

Max
thanks max

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
I know my old Sporty used to do that in a HUGE way! All my friends traditional Harleys do it to some degree and even more so the harder they pushed them. It's called "blow by" and is common due to the aitiquated design of the motors. They even sell all kinds of filters for the vents that help this problem on the other HD's, some even are all chromed out and look nice. I have no idea if they do for the VRSC though.

Later,
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts