Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '09 DX is in the shop again (8th time) trying to get an oil leak fixed. Thankfully it is still under warranty, but it is still frustrating. The Harley shop is now trying to tell me that normally the bike constantly mists out oil, and if I ran the bike with the top off I should have oil misting all over the place. Are they right? Has anyone else had problems with oil leaks? Is it normal to see a river of oil go down the driveway when I wash it?

My Road King surprisingly has never leaked a drop.

Any advice would be appreciated.:banghead:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ive got an 09 Dx and have never had an oil leak from anywhere. Ive got about 6000 miles on it with no issues. Take it somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
If you are running topless did you reroute the breather tubes through a catch filter somewhere? If not then I can see why you have oil spray everywhere. Those two tubes coming out of the lower air box cover are there to catch oil fumes from the crank case and reroute it into the throttle body for burning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After arguing with the mechanic yesterday that there was in fact an oil leak, today the shop called and said the o-ring that they "fixed" the last time was cut again. I think you guys are right and I need to find another shop going forward.

Thanks for the sanity check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.