Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my F out for the first time last week after sitting for the winter and when I stopped I noticed some oil on the engine. I can't find and obvious leak and the oil was rather high on the engine. Someone told me that it's possible to be blow out through the V stacks. Is it possible?? I only have 4300 miles on the bike.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,224 Posts
Check the breather hoses, under your air box. That is the most common problem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lower intake tube??

So I pulled off the airbox and it looks like the lower intake tube is not seating in the intake properly and the oil is leaking out from there. Have others had the same problem?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,957 Posts
Still under warranty so I should just take it back to the dealer??

Thanks for the reply!
Yes if it needs parts to fix it properly, if it just needs to be assembly correctly you might be able to fix it yourself.

Its hard to tell what type of mechanical ability's a person has over the Internet. :)

Good luck Greg

·
2009 VRSCF
162 Posts
The o-ring on that brass tub is not snug at all. It is a little loose on my F.

How I reinstall it,

I will pull the brass tube out of the rubber hose on the air box. I re-seat the tube in the engine and then line up the hose on the tube and seat the hose on the tube.

I do not do this until I am ready to reinstall the bottom of the air box.

It's not that hard to do. It is only 6 Allen head bolts, Metric size 5 I think, to remove the velocity stacks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I changed the cams in the fall and my friend rode around the block a few times and when he pulled into the garage we notcied a small oil leak, however a simple wipe down and a no more signs of oil almost 100 miles later....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The o-ring on that brass tub is not snug at all. It is a little loose on my F.

How I reinstall it,

I will pull the brass tube out of the rubber hose on the air box. I re-seat the tube in the engine and then line up the hose on the tube and seat the hose on the tube.

I do not do this until I am ready to reinstall the bottom of the air box.

It's not that hard to do. It is only 6 Allen head bolts, Metric size 5 I think, to remove the velocity stacks.

Thanks - I did this in the amount of time it took me to take the air box off the bike. Once you take the brass pipe out of the bottom of the air box and place it in the hole it snaps right into place.

·
Kidzap
1,101 Posts
I got my F out for the first time last week after sitting for the winter and when I stopped I noticed some oil on the engine. I can't find and obvious leak and the oil was rather high on the engine. Someone told me that it's possible to be blow out through the V stacks. Is it possible?? I only have 4300 miles on the bike.
I accidentally put a little too much oil in the engine we're talking maybe a quarter of a quart and I found oil leaking from the breather assembly inside the breather box. I sucked out the extra oil and the problem went away.

Have Fun :SvFiat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.