Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

While working on changing the coolant on my 2003 VRSCA, I found that I have a small leak at the junction between the oil line and the oil cooler on the left side of the bike.

I'm assuming there is an o-ring in there that I can replace to take care of this. I don't see this part on the parts fiche.

Anyone run into this problem who can confirm that there is an o-ring in there and what the spec is for it.

Many thanks and best regards!

Jim

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Greetings!

While working on changing the coolant on my 2003 VRSCA, I found that I have a small leak at the junction between the oil line and the oil cooler on the left side of the bike.

I'm assuming there is an o-ring in there that I can replace to take care of this. I don't see this part on the parts fiche.

Anyone run into this problem who can confirm that there is an o-ring in there and what the spec is for it.

Many thanks and best regards!

Jim
Looks like they are compression fittings tightened to 37-40 ft lbs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Looks like they are compression fittings tightened to 37-40 ft lbs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
That is correct if it is still original, but in 2004 HD changed the radiator and oil cooler to a different type and the oil cooler lines are a push in type with O rings. If the bike has ever had a radiator change in its life then it will probably have this type of fitting as HD stopped supplying the older type.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
That is correct if it is still original, but in 2004 HD changed the radiator and oil cooler to a different type and the oil cooler lines are a push in type with O rings. If the bike has ever had a radiator change in its life then it will probably have this type of fitting as HD stopped supplying the older type.
True. Later models use a GM truck transmission oil cooler line fitting with o-ring and a clip to hold the tube in. Early models used JVC fittings that can be had at any hydraulic supply shop, should one need new hoses and ends made up. Peanuts , cost wise.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.