Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use amsoil and have 5k on the bike since changing over to it. My question is, should I wait till spring or do it now?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I have been buying it from a friend of mine at the dealership.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
harleymon55 said:
Thanks for the input. I have been buying it from a friend of mine at the dealership.
buy it from o2man98 :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,815 Posts
now is good. PA has fall comming in - so, what little mileage between now and winter won't hurt.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The whole idea of changing it JUST before winter is to "flush" contaminates and HAVE ONLY fresh oil over the winter. Any riding you do after the change will add some contaminates. And even MORE SO as the weather gets COLDER.
( more by-produces of combustion are water vapor are left in the OIL ) Wait until you are done for the season, Then change your oil for storage.
Riding it in "cool" weather after the change defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Even when you store your bike for winter you can occasionally fire up the bike, and let the engine (oil) warm up. This will keep water from accumulating in the oil. Why put in fresh oil before storing your rod, only to change it again when you take it out of storage?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts