Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what the name is for the part the oil filter screws onto and the brake side oil line threads into. I believe the part number is 26540-01K or at least that's the number on it. Thanks.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
26540-01K doesn't even come up on any H-D websites nor is it listed in my '04 parts manual :confused:, could be a part that is part of an assembly and not available by itself.

The oil filter actually screws onto p/n 26399-01k oil filter adapter, the oil filter adapter then screws into the oil filter mount p/n 26539-01k, the oil filter mount is then attached to the lower case with three screws.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Here are some pics of the oil filter mount I have on the desk (26540-01K). I hope they show up good enough. This color may have been discontinued with the start of the black engines hence the other part number.

Attachments

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o2man98 said:
Here are some pics of the oil filter mount I have on the desk (26540-01K). I hope they show up good enough. This color may have been discontinued with the start of the black engines hence the other part number.
That's what I'm looking for I managed to strip the threads out of mine while installing another radiator.

·
1,016 Posts
The cast in # in the above pics in the pn for the painted casting before machining and assembly of the mount itself. That's why it's not a good pn in the dealer network. You can't buy a painted casting. The top level pn is what your getting out of the service manual which is correct, not the one cast in the bottom of the part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.